Counselor visits

I woke up at 5, I'm really nervous about today. Demi is making me go to her counselor but I really don't feel the need. I've survived in my life for this long now, whether I want to or not, so it's pointless trying to help me. I'm way way way past that point.

Demi more than likely won't be up for another few hours so I only have me to have as company, that's not good company at all. I realised last night that it's Monday tomorrow and that means I have David back but I'm really hoping that last time was a one time thing because of nerves but I doubt it. My head was spinning by now so I decided to head to the music room. This room is by far my favourite room in the house. It has a massive grand piano, 2 keyboards, 2 acoustic guitars, 2 electric guitars and a drum kit.

I headed towards the corner of the room to play on the piano. Other than cutting, piano seems to be the best way to relieve me of any feelings that I don't want. No body knows about me playing my piano, and I hope that no one ever will. I have been teaching myself for 2 years now and am doing around grade 6 level. I can play all of Demi's songs, which personally, are my favourite to play.

I began to play nightingale, it's was one of the easiest ones but I love it so much.

Demi's P.O.V -

I woke up really early compared to most days but then I realised why. There's was piano music coming from my recording studio which confused. I slowly walked towards my recording studio when I realised the flawless song was coming from my music room. I peered through the window and saw Lexi sitting at the large black piano pouring her heart and soul out into the music.

I stood there for a while admiring her beautiful talent. She never told any of us that she could play. I wonder why?

I slowly opened the door but tripped over the step as I walked in. Typical me. Luckily Lexi was so lost in her music she didn't realise I was there but all of a sudden she stopped playing but didn't turn around. She began to play nightingale. After 1 verse I decided to join in.

I never see the forest for the trees

I could really use your melody

Baby I'm a little blind

I think it's time for you to find me...

Alexa's P.O.V -

I played nightingale a few times over then started playing some of my own composition. After a while I got bored of my own so went back to playing nightingale but this time was different. I played through the first verse like normal but when the pre-chorus began someone began to sing with me. I quickly recognized the voice as Demi's. Usually I would stop right away but something about hearing her voice in the room, by ourselves, was reassuring and made me want to continue. I continued to play and listen to Demi sing as my heart rate slowed down and I got solely focused on the music.

The end of the song played and Demi and I stood in the room in silence, until she broke it.

"Baby that was absolutely brilliant. How come you never said you could play? Who taught you? " She asked.

"Woah Dems, calm with your questions but anyway. I started teaching myself 2 years ago, I'm not very good but its a great way to calm me down." I replied.

"Oh gosh baby that is amazing I'm so so so proud of you, I love you my bay girl, now let's go get ready. I thought we could go to Starbucks before going to see Nicola" She said. Nicola was Demi's counselor. I really didn't want to go but I know Demi isn't going to drop it.

"Okay Dems. Can you pick my outfit. I really don't feel energetic today" I asked. It wasn't a lie, I didn't have any energy today but I know that was because I barely slept last night as my demons kept me awake.

"Of course baby girl. Leggo" She replied as we went upstairs to my room.

Demi rustled through my wardrobe before picking out black wet look leggings, an ACDC band top, a black shiny blazer and black boots. I put them on as she got changed into her outfit. She was wearing black and white cowboy shoes, black trousers, a white top and a black bomber jacket. A/N (Basically what she wore to arrive at KOKO)

We walked out the door and drove to Starbucks. I ordered a pumpkin spice latte and so did Demi. We sat in the cafè for about half an hour before heading to the counselor. The part of the day ive been dreading for ages.

Nicola's P.O.V -

I looked at my schedule for today and saw "Demi Lovato" written down but then next to it, it said "For her sister" so I'm guessing that is Dallas.

Although when Demi walked in I got quite a surprise. Instead of Dallas entering along side her, Alexa did instead. Obviously I've seen pictures of Demi and her family, in counseling and in the media so I am well aware of who is who.

I shook both their hands and we began our session.

N=Nicola

D=Demi

L=Lexi

N- Hi guys how are you both? how come you've come today?

D- Hi Nicola, we're okay thank you. I came today because not of me but of Lexi. Obviously you know who she is but Lexi, this is Nicola, my counselor, as you have guessed. We came today because recently Lexi has been having come issues and wondered if you could help.

N-Of course I can, if you could elaborate on these issues we may be able to get somewhere. I just want you to know Alexa, i will do whatever I can to help you and nothing will go any further than the walls of this room unless deemed necessary by my team and I, along with Demi's input.

L- Thank you.

D- Lexi has been struggling with self harm. She is also very anxious. Im very worried about her.

N- Okay, could you give me an example of an anxious situation.

Alexa's P.O.V -

The counseling session lasted about an hour and I honestly don't think I could have lasted any longer.

We arrived home and I went straight to bed, i was so tired and I think Demi realised it. Not long after my head hit the pillow I fell asleep.

Demi's P.O.V -

I pretty sure the counseling session was hard on Lexi, which isn't surprising. She was silent all the way home and went straight to bed.

After an hour of tidying the house I decided to head upstairs and check on Lexi. I crept into her room to see her lying on her bed fast asleep, with bloodshot eyes and tear tracks down her face. I slowly climbed onto her bed and cuddled next to her. She moved so her face was burried in my chest.

"I love you Lexi, I always will." I whispered.

A/N

Hi guys its a shit chapter as per but yeah. I had some bad news over the weekend and I just hope so much that my friend can stay strong. The baby I was talking about in earlier chapters, unfortunately passed away Sunday morning. She was held in her mums arms and next to her sister when she took her last breath. I love you Maddie and at least your out of pain now. RIP maddie see you soon xxxxxxxxxxxxx