Chapter 14

The doctors rushed out the room pushing the wheeled bed down the empty corridor screaming words that only doctors would understand. I was forced to stand there, helpless, as my lifeless younger sister was sped down the silent halls covered in tubes and wires.

I followed the doctors down the hall until one stepped back and approached me.

"Sorry m'am but you can't come in here. We are taking Alexa to the ICU (intensive care unit) and taking her off the paediatric ward. If you would like to stay in the waiting room we will come get you when you can come see her. " He said and before giving me a chance to reply he rushed off towards the other doctors.

I slowly edged towards a seat in the corner of the waiting room when I see him sitting on his own looking bored, my boyfriend.

"Hey Wilmer why are you here? " I asked trying to sound positive but it didn't work.

"Hey Dems, I was babysitting my cousin and he hit his hand and broke a finger so he's in there getting it taped up. Why are you here? " He replied.

"Oh I hope he's OK. I'd rather not talk about it, I'll tell you soon" I replied hoping he wouldn't press any further.

"Okay sweetie. Just tell me when your ready but please don't bottle everything up, it's not healthy and you know I'm always here." He said whilst softly wrapping his arms around my waist and pecking me on the nose.

"I love you Wilmer" I said.

"I love you too Demi and always will." He replied as I put my head on his shoulder and eventually fell asleep.

6 hour time lapse-

I woke up around 11pm to someone tapping me on the shoulder.

"Demi honey you need to wake up, the doctors have news. They're coming in 5 minutes." Wilmer said softly.

I shot my head up at the mention of Lexi and realised Wilmer was still next to me.

"Okay thanks babe. What are you still doing here? It can't take that long to tape someone's finger. " I said unsure as to why he stayed for the past 6 hours.

"Oh well about 1 hour after you fell asleep me and Joshua needed to go home and I was going to wake you but you looked like you needed the sleep so once asked the nurse at the desk to keep an eye on you whilst I popped out to drop Joshua home. I came back and you were still fast asleep and you stayed asleep and that's basically how we got here." He said whilst hugging me.

"Oh babe thank you so much. You didn't need to do that. I guess I should get ready to go see Lexi? "

I replied.

"Yeah you should. But I'm coming. By the looks of it this is very stressful and you know you don't handle stress well, especially on your own. And don't worry, I'm not expecting an explanation just yet. I just want you to know I'm here. "

I can't believe I have such a great boyfriend. I've been with Wilmer for ages now but the paps only found out a few months ago which is when we decided to make things public. We have never officially said that we were a couple but I think people got the message after the paps caught us kissing and holding hands. Plus, Wilmer and I always put hints out on twitter and my lovatics always guess it.

We both head along the endless corridor towards the large green door which have an arrow pointing left for the ICU. Not long after we turned into the ICU the doctor that told me to stay in the waiting room came up to me.

"Hello Miss Lovato, we have managed to stable Lexis heart and breathing but would like to keep her overnight for observation. She will no longer be in intensive care and will be moved back to the paediatric unit. You and your partner are welcome to stay until 3am but then I must insist you go home and you can return at 7am. Alexa should be discharged around 10am if all goes well tonight. She is very strong she is a fighter." He said.

After acknowledging what he said I replied.

"I know, she's my warrior"

A/N

Okay guys you got a bit worried that I was going to kill off Lexi but don't worry that won't be happening anytime soon. My best friend reads this and she got really irritated in a funny way. Love you Hannah. And yeah Wilmer is often an asshole in fan fics but I promise in mind he isn't. Demi and him may have arguments but he will always he amazing.

Stay strong all and message me if you need anything. Love you my warriors xxxxxx