2. He is a Jerk

"What's going on here?"

I heard father's voice from behind and Joss shifted his personality into a spoiled brat. He went to father and reported that I'm leaving the house. Duh! What's new?

"Go! I won't stop you. It will be nice if you disappear from our lives." Father said and he didn't even care about me.

I was mad and wanted to nag at him but I still had my respect on him. He's still my father and I don't want to be rude and that will make him prove that I'm worthless.

Joss was grinning at me and I was so pissed. I wanted to pull out his eyes, cut his tongue, and choke his neck with a leash.

"What are you waiting? You are free to leave." Father provoked me and I did what he wanted.

I walked, carrying my bagpack on my back and passed through them.

"Dad, will you let him leave like that? What if he's going to tell my classmates or our family friends that he's a Rivera. That will give us a bad reputation especially that we didn't treat him right." Joss said and with his cunning statements.

I wanted to throw my bag at him just to knock him down and realized that I'm not what he thinks of. I continue walking and was about to go down the stairs when father stopped me by shouting my name. I stopped but didn't looked back.

"Stay! But you're grounded!" He said.

That really made me reached my boiling point so I slammed my bag on the floor and looked at them furiously. I gave them a glare just enough to intimidate. They didn't experience someone rebelled at him and it's my honor to be the first one to do it.

I walked back to them and said.

"Stop playing with my life!" I shouted and they were surprised but father slapped me hard on my face.

"Ungrateful child!" Father shouted at me but I wasn't surprised. I'm used to it and it won't intimidate me anymore.

"Ungrateful?" I laughed at him then I mocked. "Isn't it enough that you treated me badly? You never heard even an ounce of complain from me. I followed your wishes just to make you satisfy. I did what you wanted just to keep your ego because you're more concern about the reputation of this family!"

I can't hold back anymore. I am triggered and I won't stay silence anymore.

"Since when you talked back on me?" He asked and tried to slap me again but I defended myself. I caught his hand and shove it away.

"Enough with violence!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "Since I was a child, I already met the quota of slapping me but now, I won't let you hurt me!"

"What's going on here?" I heard mother's voice and asked us.

I changed my mood and tried to conceal my anger. I won't let mother hear me shouting at his husband.

"This bastard knows how to talk back at me! Such a disrespectful child!" Father said and I shut my mouth.

I won't give mother a headache so I accepted what father told her. Joss was silent when mother came in.

"Bas, is this true?" She asked me.

I didn't answer and also, didn't face her. I just took my bag and went back inside my room. I wanted to leave but I realized that mother will be sad if I leave his house. Mother is all I had because she defended me when she saw how father and Joss treated me badly.

I jumped on my bed and just cry it out. It was so unfair... does being a bastard is like commiting a crime? I don't understand why they treated me like this even though I followed what they wanted.