14. Love Lies

Bas' POV

What shall I do?

Father is pressuring me not to go back but Joss also pressured me to go back at his condo. Yes, I am worried for my stepbrother because he already left from the Dela Vega's residence. I can't sit still knowing that I am the reason why he got an injured leg.

"ARRRGGGGHHHH!" I shouted because I can't decide.

Another thing, I haven't ask Dan about what happened to him three days ago. I was preoccupied with Joss' situation as he was alone right now.

I sent a message to my mother and asked her if she went to Joss' place but she didn't reply. So, I decided to go and check on my brother. Little Josh is quite annoyed and he kept on crying while we were heading to Joss' place. The cab driver scolded me because of little Josh and asked me to shut him up but I paid him double to shut his filthy mouth.

When I arrived at the condo building, I was trembling. I remember the incident that Joss hurt me. But, how can he hurt me if he's injured?

I went up and rang the doorbell at Joss' unit. It took a few minutes before he opened the door.

"What took you so long?" He asked me.

He's on crutches and smell awful. I noticed that he looked at to something.

"You didn't bring your things?"

"No. I'm here to check on you then leave." I answered.

He got mad and was about to slam the door. I stopped it with my hand and secured that little Josh won't get hurt.

"Can you please be considerate?"

"Considerate?" He laughed at me then glared. "I will welcome you here if you come back home. If you're not, you better leave and don't bother me."

I sighed. He's such a hard-headed guy and straightforward. The brat in him activates and he wanted me to move back in. He was staring at me and waited for my decision.

"I need to talk it over with Dan." I said.

"Dan?" He sounds foul and mad when he heard Dan's name from my mouth. "Why is it that he's always involve with your agenda? He's just a boyfriend, not your husband."

"Still, I need to let him know." I said and tried to put some consideration in him. "It's not easy to move out right away since I was comfortable at my place now."

"Just tell me that you can't live without Dan, am I right?" He asked.

Honestly, yes!

But I can't tell him straight in his face. I know what he can do if he got triggered.

"Don't make this complicated, Joss. I am here because I'm worried about you." I said.

He frowned and scrutinized me if I was telling the truth. After a few seconds, he opened the door widely and invited me in. The place is still the same except that it wasn't maintained well. The unit smelled rotten egg and it's too dusty.

I went to the bedroom and gladly, the crib is still here. I put down little Josh in the crib and opened the curtains so that the light can brighten this room. I went out from the bedroom and saw Joss had a difficulty in walking. Without hesitation, I helped him. I took his left arm and put it on my shoulder. We walked until he sat down on the couch.

"You didn't hire a housekeeper?" I asked him while I opened the curtains in the living room area.

"Why should I? I'm just wasting money if I hired one." He answer.