2.61. The Love Never Dies

Bas' family sought help from a psychiatrist. It was very difficult to reach out as what Saint told me every time he visits me and his big brother.

Yes, Scott was transfered in the jail where I was in a month ago. His father took care of it so that I can protect this stupid brother of my wifey.

Scott was punished by the law for ten years and he doesn't want to appeal for his crimes even thiugh his father will help him. He wanted to pay for what he did and the other reason, he wanted to stay away from Bas. He can't face his little brother and also, he blamed himself for the loss of Josh. Everyday I asked him to make an appeal but he refused.

Scott and I were doing fine inside the jail for a month. His family always kept in touch with us as well as my mother.

I asked mother to tell my father that I am doing okay.

Every week, Bas' condition is still the same. I am so eager to escape from this jail but I don't want to add more of my sentence. Three years is too long but I need to endure the loneliness and pain.

Cassandra paid a visit and she asked me what really happened. No one knows about the secret why I was in jail because I asked the Deveraux not to tell anyone. She also asked me why Bas was in that situation.

"Did the Deveraux prohibited you from seeing my wifey?" I asked her.

"Yes... and father became paranoid for his nephew. We don't have any news from them, not even my aunt Serah." She answered.

I sighed and decided to tell her why I am here. She was shocked and at the same time, she told me that she thought I killed Dan.

"I don't know what I can do for you, Joss." She said.

"No need. Mr. Deveraux took care of it. My sentence was lessen to three years and soon, I'll go home and see my wifey."

"Maybe he waits for you, Joss. I know Bas is lonely right now. He lost little Josh and you're here inside the jail, took the crime he did. Maybe Bas blamed himself too much." She said.

"That's what I thought." I said and looked at a small window where I can see the shades of green. "They can't reach my wifey because they're not the person who he needs most."

Cassandra sighed and shook her head. A few seconds, she became excited and said. "Do you want to see him?"

"Huh?"

"I'll bring Bas here so that he can see you." She said.

"No! I don't want to add more triggers in him. After he see me, then he go back to depression again." I pointed out the things which are possible to happen.

She nodded and realized that Bas might drowned again in his depression. Cassandra aborted her plan and I told her to pray for my wifey.

About Amber, I asked her what happened to her because I never got any news from her since I was inside this jail.

"She's still unconscious. The doctors are trying to do their best for her." She said.

"Her child, how is he?" I asked curiously.

"My mother wanted to take him in our household but father refuses." She replied.

I sighed and I thought of something that the kid might help my wifey's condition.

"Can you go to the Deveraux's mansion? Please offer them to take Amber's son and..."

"Do you think Bas will recover from it? I guess not. He will hate that kid when he realized that he was Dan's child." Cassandra interjected.