2.46. Dark Secret

Joss' POV

It was late at night and Bas haven't home yet. I was worried that he might get into accident or something happened to him while going home. I kept on texting him but he didn't reply. I wanted to find him but I can't because I can't leave Josh and Yela alone in the house. I feared that there might be an emergency here.

I took my phone and called Troy to find my wifey and he complained. I forced him to look for Bas and he tried to track down my wifey's phone. Troy told me that my wifey's phone is at the house so I went upstairs heading to our bedroom just to find out the phone was left behind. I'm worried sick because I don't know where he went. Troy complained that he cannot track my wifey and he doesn't know where to start looking for him.

"Dad, where is Mommy Bas?" Josh asked me while I walked back and forth at the living room.

"He's coming home, kid." I lied.

"Okay, Dad."

Josh went back to Yela's room while I was worried sick thinking where my wifey is. I tried to called Cassandra because she's the one Bas meeting with but I can't contact her too. I almost throw my phone on the wall and I'm glad that I held my temper for a while and calm down.

I have no one to contact and I'm getting desperate. How come my wifey didn't bring his phone?

An hour passed, exactly nine in the evening, Bas haven't arrive home yet. I am getting paranoid and went out the house without asking permission from Yela. I was about to unlock my car and suddenly, I saw a car stopped by right in front of the house. I recognized the car and it's Cassandra's. I ran to the gate and opened it, finding my wifey came out from Cassandra's car.

"Joss, why are you outside the house?" Bas asked me.

I made a serious mad face at him and Cassandra called out my name.

"Hi, Joss. Seems so uptight." She teased.

"I'm okay." I responded but not int he mood to socialize.

"Cass, thank you for the ride. I'll see you soon." Bas said.

"Yes, I'll see you soon, best friend." Cassandra said and then she went.

Bas waved his hand until the car is out of our sight.

"Where have you been?" I asked seriously.

He scoffed and out of the blue, he hugged me tightly.

Damn it, Bas!

You really know how to make me soft every time I got mad at him. He used my weakness as his advantage which is very effective.

I put my arms around him and my temper cooled down. My anger faded away right an instant and I realized that I was brushing his hair with my fingers. I really can't get mad at him when he do things like this. It seems that my system will react right away whatever mood I was in.

"I'm sorry if you worry too much. I realized that I left my phone at the bedroom and can't contact you. But, I swear, I was with Cassandra the whole time." He said.

I can tell that my wifey is telling the truth and else, I saw him with Cassandra just a few minutes ago so why should I make a suspicion on him.

"Next time, you should check if you bring your phone. You know that I'll worry when I can't contact you. You know that Barbra is still out there waiting for her next move." I said.

"I'm sorry. Next time I won't forget it." Bas said.

I sighed and my heart is contented that he's finally home and in my arms. He's in my sight and next time I won't allow him out of my sight.