20. The Demon's Heart

It was very quiet when I woke up from an unfamiliar place. I looked around and tried to cope up with my surroundings until I realized I'm at Joss' place. I went out from the bed and was about to go out from the room when the door opened unexpectedly.

"Bas, you should be lying on the bed for now." Joss said and he assisted me back to the bed.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Don't worry about the time. Just take a rest." He answered.

He wanted to tuck me in on the bed and I refused.

"Dan? Where is he? I want to see him." I said and stood up.

Joss stopped me and pushed me down back on the bed. He was worried and I felt that something was off.

"Did something happened to Dan?" I asked.

He didn't answer and took a medicine from the bottle. He took a glass of water on the bedside table and gave me the medicine.

"What is this for?"

"You're sick." He answered.

"But I'm feeling okay."

"No, you're not."

I hesitated to drink the medicine. He gave me the glass of water and took the medicine. I don't know what exactly I was drinking but when I saw the bottle, it was just Vitamin C.

"You take a rest and I'll cook food for you." He said.

"Wait..." Joss stopped and looked at me while he was about to leave the room. "Little Josh, where is he?"

"He's at the dining area drinking his milk."

I nodded and stood up to see my baby but Joss stopped me again. I got annoyed and pushed him away from me then left the room. As I headed to the dining room, I saw Dan sitting on the couch and was happy to see. I ran to him and gave him a tight hug.

"You came." I said.

I glared at Joss for not telling me that Dan was around. He really was mad at Dan and trying to keep me away from him.

"Wait... why am I here?" I asked them.

They were both quiet and I noticed that they looked at each other. Are they keeping something from me?

"You stayed here overnight." Joss answered.

Stayed overnight?

I tried to recall what happened before I woke up but I can't remember a thing. The last thing I remember was I am with Joss at the mall and had a conversation. After that, we went to my bestfriend's place and took little Josh after that... I can't remember.

"Why I can't remember?" I mumbled and confused as well.

"What do you want for breakfast?" Joss asked me out of the blue.

"Anything thats edible." I answered.

Joss nodded and went to the kitchen area. Dan and I were left at the living room. He was too quiet and I got nervous about it.

"What's wrong Dan?" I asked.

He snapped from staring at me and said. "Nothing. I was thinking of leaving now."

"You're leaving?"

"No... we are leaving." He answered.

"Can't we have some breakfast yet before leaving? My tummy needs food." I said.