2-31. I Missed You

Joss' POV

"Good morning, Doc." My intern greeted me as I arrived in the hospital.

"How is the patient?" I asked.

"He's doing well and might be ready for discharge."

"Good."

I asked the intern to bring the chart of our patient. We went to the patient's room to check whether he's really okay or not. When I saw the patient, he was smiling and I'm glad that he recuperated. We talked a little bit about his condition and decided to discharge him. He was so happy to hear that he's going to be discharge. I asked the intern to write down my orders on the chart before we went out the room. We head back to the nurse station and checked if everything he wrote was correct. Afterwards, I went back to my office to finish some paperworks.

"Daddy!"

I was surprised to see Josh in my office together with her biological mother, Yela.

"Hey, little fella. How are you doing?" I asked when he gave me a hug.

"I'm doing very good Daddy."

"Wow... so that means you want something on your coming birthday?"

"Yes!" He answered with a happy face.

"I want Mommy back."

I didn't expect it from him to ask for his Mommy. I know he's referring to Bas but I pretended that it was her biological mother whom he was referring to.

I chuckled and said. "You're mommy is here, you already have her."

"No, not Mommy Yela." He said as he shook his head. "I want Mommy Bas."

Like what I thought, he really wanted to see Bas so much. I don't know why Yela kept on mentioning Bas to his son. When I asked her about that, she never gave me an answer. She simply smile at me and dodge my question.

I held Josh's arms and said.

"I don't know where Mommy Bas is. Maybe, he's somewhere out there."

"Why did he leave us? Mommy don't love me anymore?"

I don't what to answer. I haven't got any news from Bas since the day he left our family. Even his bestfriend Cassandra doesn't know where he is.

"Josh, I guess we need to go. Your daddy has a lot of work to do." Yela diverted the topic and Josh looked at her.

"But, Mom... I want to know when Mommy Bas will go home? You said Mommy Bas will go home this year."

Yela kneeled down to have an eye contact with his son. She pat his head and said.

"It depends on the weather, son. Maybe not today but I'm sure your Mommy Bas will come back soon." Yela said.

Josh looked sad and disappointed. Everyday, he kept on asking us about Bas. I don't know where he is and how he is doing. I know someday Bas will come back and I'll have to make things right in his return.