29. Love is a Bliss

My wifey and I celebrated my promotion as an intern after the results were out. It's an event that will change my future but nothing exceeds my happiness that we're staying together everyday.

Bas cooked all my favorites as I requested him to celebrate through a dinner. However, I lied to him on one thing, I never invited our parents. He asked me to contact and invite them over but I hesitated because of father. I know he will ruin the night.

Josh and I took a bath while my wifey was preparing the table. Tonight is an exception so I don't have to get jealous with Josh. He looks happy as well while having a bubble bath. After bathing, we prepared ourselves then we went to the dining area, carrying Josh on my arms.

"The table is set." Bas said.

I put Josh on his chair and sat down beside him. My salivary glands were stimulated when I saw all my favorite food. They look and smell delicious.

"Did mother texted you? Are they coming?" Bas asked and I got annoyed.

"I didn't invite them." I answered.

"Yeah, I know so I invited them."

"What?!!!" I exclaimed and stood up. "How could you do that to me? I..."

"They're still our parents and occasions like this is a good way to start things over." He answered.

I sat down and stomped my right foot. Bas is such a goody-son which I hate it sometimes. He knew that father will insult him yet he still invited him. That's the reason why I didn't invite him.

Bas came closer to me and hugged me from behind then he gave me a kiss on my cheek. I felt my anger fades away in an instant.

"Please, just tonight." He pleaded with a sweet voice.

"Alright. Just tonight but if he will insult you then I apologize to you as early as now. You know I can't handle my temper quiet easily."

He chuckled and gave me another kiss on my other cheek. Bas knew how to make me soft through this gesture and honestly, I can't defy or argue with him if he's acting sweet and cute.

While we were having sweet moments, the doorbell rang and I'm kind of pissed. We knew that our parents had already arrived. Bas grabbed my arm and pulled me, heading to the door then he opened.

Mother was so happy and greeted Bas first. Father's face was serious and he just went inside without a word.

"He's not in the mood." Mother said.

Damn!

Knowing that he's not in the mood, I know that this dinner will end up with an intense argument.

"Just don't say something about what you two had. I don't want any fights tonight. Let us just enjoy, okay?" Mother said.

"Yes, mother." Bas answered her.

I kept my mouth sealed and we headed to the dinig area. Father was already sitting and glared at us. We sat down to our respective seats and Bas initiate a conversation.

"Let's all pray before..."

"I already prayed! You guys are too slow!" Father interjected.

He's trying to ruin the night and wanted to talk back but Bas held my hand that was on my lap and looked at him. He gave me a sweet smile, asking me to keep my cool. I breathe deeply and ignored what father did.

Still, Bas led the prayer before we had our dinner.

Mother was happy taking care of Josh while Bas assisted her. That damn brat became the center of attention of my wifey again. For how many times I thought of throwing him out as he is one of my problem and one of Dan's trump card against me. But, I can't throw him out because Bas loves the brat.