Epilogue

Three weeks after, I was in the middle of my work when Troy gave me an update about Bas. Finally he woke up from coma but my hands trembled because of fear. I am afraid of what will happen next, of what Bas will know, and of what his reactions are.

I know for sure that Cassandra will tell him about what she saw yet I need to tell Bas first from me rather than from Cassandra.

My work hinders me from seeing Bas and I took the opportunity. I am scared to face my wifey right now.

I went home in our parent's house. Mother was around and she told me that Bas is looking for me. I didn't say a thing yet I don't know what to do. I simply went to my room and think. Mother told me from the time Bas woke up, he had no memories about what happened to him and he questioned why he got into a state of coma. My hands were trembling as I fear that Bas will hate me for what I did. The mistakes that I did, it kept on haunting me.

"Son, are you going to see Bas?" Mother asked me when she entered my room.

I looked at her and said. "I am afraid of what he's going to tell me."

She sat beside me on my bed and rubbed my back. She's sad and was worried about me and Bas.

"There's nothing you can do but to face it. Accept his judgement and whatever it is, it's up to you next on what you're going to do."

I looked at her and held her hand as I said.

"Will you allow me to love him?"

She closed her eyes and sighed. I know she's against it but I can't helped it. My heart keeps on beating for Bas. I am in pain when he's pain. I am sad when he is sad. I am happy when he is happy. Everything about him, he's reactions and the things he does always have a connection to me.

"Can I stop you from that?" She asked me and I shook my head. "All I want for my children is happiness but Joss, what you are doing is a sin. Loving your brother is..."

"Why does love needs some boundary?" I interjected her with a question. She was stunned by it and I continued. "I'm sorry mother but I really can't stop my heart. It only keeps on beating for Bas."

"I know and that's why I don't want you to stop if that makes you happy but..." she paused for a while and I knew what she's worried of.

"Father... I know he's against it."

She nodded and held my hand.

"That's the biggest obstacle that you need to pass."

I know... Father is closed-minded and what he thought about my love for Bas is just a game. But, I'm started to hate him when I knew something about his past. The past that haunts him forever.

Mother talked to me about Bas. She warned me not to bring back the incident from where he got into an accident. I told her that I will tell Bas everything but she insisted not to. I was curious why she doesn't want Bas to know what happened to him. It is his right to know especially that I caused him almost his death.

At the end, mother convinced me. I'd like to tell Bas about it but I'd rather let him remember about it. If I tell him then he will reject it as he doesn't have any memory about it.

One day, while I was at the hospital, I received an unknown number. My hand trembles as I open the message. I knew it was from Bas and he's looking for me. My fingers got stiffed as I wanted to reply his message but it ended not to reply. My heart races in a fast speed and my face was covered with sweat. I am tensed that Bas might remember everything why he got into an accident. However, I chose to ignore it for a while.