2.34. Love Makes Crazy People

Joss' POV

"Good morning, Sir. I am here to serve you." I greeted Bas when he arrived at the building.

It's one of my way to get near him and besides he already terminate me at the hospital. I saw his face was surprised to see me, greeting him with my big smile on my face. I expect that he will greet me back but I was like a wind that pass by as he walked towards me like I was nothing. His men tried to restrain me but I told him that I was his secretary effectively today.

Bas turned back and glared at me. "My secretary? Is this what your downfall do to you?"

I smirked and answered. "I am very qualified to be your secretary, Sir."

Kim's face was pissed and I really don't care about him. This is my plan to get near Bas and win over him again. If I can do it before by deceiving him then I'm doing it this time in a clean way... but not totally clean as I sabotage his secretary just to get this position for me.

I'm still the same Joss when Bas is involved and I really won't accept defeat especially to my rival who was standing beside to my wifey.

Bas' secretary, I paid his family to make a ruckus to make his secretary went home to his province and of course, I paid a lot of money for bonus if they force Ba's secretary to stay in their province. And as always, my plan worked and the secretary resigned without any reason. She just informed the Human Resource Department that she's going to resign because of family issues and I took the opportunity to apply.

One of the staff in the Human Resource Department is the cousin of my colleague. I manipulated him and asked to accept me. I submitted my resume and I stated that I know what my boss exactly wants.

That how money works. People will be blinded by the money in exchanged of their pride and dignity.

"Kim, call the HR head." Bas ordered.

"Yes, Sylvee."

Sylvee?

I wanted to laugh but I held it. I don't want Bas to get offended on my first day as his secretary. Kim asked one of his men to contact the HR Department then Bas went inside the lift. I was about to get inside but his men stopped me.

"Hey! I'm his secretary." I said.

"Not today dude." The guard said.

I tried to get through before the door was closed but I failed. Bas' men were blocking my way. I just held myself from making a scene or else I'll be fired for the second time. I took the other lift and followed my boss to his pent house. As soon as the door was closed, I saw the HR Head went inside Bas' office. I went straight to my desk and sat down, doing nothing. I waited until the HR Head came out from his office.

He looked at me and smiled then he went without saying a word. I don't know what exactly he meant with his smile until Kim came out.

"Your boss need you inside." He said.

I smirked and stood up from my chair then briskly walked to my boss' office.

"You really got a lot of luck, Mr. Rivera." Kim said.

"It's not just luck, it is what you called fate." I said and went inside my boss' office leaving that stupid slanted-eye guy, Kim.

When I entered Bas' office, he was already working and I came near him.

"What do you want, boss?" I asked him.

"I need everything that are listed on the paper." He answered not looking at me and continue working on his paperwork.