2.54. Ravish

I was struck by my conscience on what happened to Amber. We rushed her to the hospital under the company and one of my staff called his father. The physician told me that she suffered a head injury and needed to be scan. I agreed to his terms and do what is must for her. The conflict between us isn't as big as what I am facing. She's just obsessed towards Dan which she wanted love and attention from that idiot and he's with me sitting beside on the bench waiting for Mr. Harrington to arrive.

"Are you okay?" Dan asked me.

"You don't have to worry about me. You should be worry on your wife." I answered.

"I'm still concern on you, Bas. We still have our past that..."

"That's the problem why Amber is in this condition. You never give her a chance to be your wife and all she thinks that I'm the hurdle blocking her from you." I interjected and Dan was out of words.

"You can't blame me. You are still the person that I love and I know she knew about what I feel."

I glared at him and asked. "Is this what you wanted? Getting rid of her just because you want me?"

"It's not what I mean."

"Then what? After this what are you going to do? Tell her that you still love me and offer her an annulment?" I asked then laughed at it. He seems confused and I am mad of what he thought about the situation. "I no longer love you Dan. Our past, I already buried in and the scar was already healed. If you want to solve this then snap out from your fantasy 'cause you no longer have me."

I stood up and was about to walk out when Mr. Harrington arrived, walking briskly towards me. He suddenly grabbed the collar of my shirt and shouted at me.

"You faggot! What did you do to my daughter?" He asked.

Dan tried to restrain him and I was only glaring at Mr. Harrington. I hate this man as well for ruining my life. He's one of the Argus and meant to kill me through their men but I won't falter just because I'm against them.

"Sir, please contain yourself. There are people watching us here." Dan reminded him and Harrington released me.

I fixed my clothes and then I looked at him, glaring, trying to intimidate him but I failed. He's mad and I can't overpower him for now but I have my alas which I should fire it once and bring this man down in just one blow.

Dan accompanied him inside the emergency room and I took a close look at him. He is still a father who's scared what will happen to his daughter. I had this thought that I will exact my revenge on him through her daughter but I'm not like him. I have my ways to counter without harming innocent people around us.

Tee came and accompanied me heading outside the hospital. I took my car and ordered him to take me back to the company. I really need to see the CCTV footage on what really happened to Amber. If she's that clumsy then I'm not accountable at all but if there's a foul play, then I must let that person pay for it.

As soon as we arrived, we headed to the security room to check the footage. The staff let me see all the footage on the time Amber had an accident. I saw her running from my office and went to the elevator. She waited for a few seconds then she became impatient and headed to the fire exit stairs. At the fire exit, I saw a person wearing black hoodie that makes Amber stunned. Her fear faded when she saw that person however, she was pushed and fell to the stairs. I noticed that Amber is still conscious but the person on a black hoodie went after her and slammed her head on the ground that causes her injury.

"Secure this footage. We can use this against any legal terms." I ordered and they followed.

I immediately called our company lawyer to settle on this case. I need to clear the name of my company where the accident happened. I am pretty sure, Mr. Harrington will make things difficult for me and the more he's willing to kill me now.