Rejected

El

Mike had been at his nanas all day and I had been stuck at home,it had been about 2 when Dad came through the door and had been sweating and he looked as though he had. been yelling or something.

When he had walked over to the kitchen he grabbed a beer or two from the fridge and sat down on his lazy boy putting his face in his hands. He would usually greet me or something but instead he just ignored me and kept his head down. I walked over and said, "hey dad,are you okay..?" He looked at me seeming sad and said "yeah kid..just uh not feeling well." I looked down at him and asked. "Did something happen at Joyce's?" He shook his head yes And said "not everything works out they wya you might want it too." I gave him a hug before standing over to the radio and picking out the song "can't take my eyes off of you" it was our song because when he came into the snow ball that song came on and we danced to it for a while before I went back to the party,he would always get emotional from it because of his other daughter,Sarah.

Once it started he looked at me and stood up to give me a hug, we ended up hugging there for a while before he patted my head and said "thanks kid.." I smiled and said "no problem." I then asked him during the song if he was feeling better, "not so much kid..Joyce didn't respond the way I'd hope she would today." When I asked him what had happened he said, "I went over to The Byers house and she looked like she was having a bad day,o tried to comfort her but she just told me to leave and that it was my fault..I don't understand women."

I smiled and we started swaying to the music before he eventually hummed along to it. "That doesn't matter because your my girl for now,my little girl." I smiled at that because Ever since he rescued me from the woods we had been father and daughter. At times he was stubborn and so was I,but that didn't change anything. I thought of him as a father because of how protective he was of me and how he would help me with homework,Mike did to but I didn't think it was right to call mike dad. Anyway Dad was starting to sniffle before he patted my head and said, "want some Eggos, kid?" I nodded happily as he went over to the kitchen and I changed the song to Jim Croce, "you don't mess around with Jim" he smiled and began making the eggos.

Dad wasn't always emotional with me  but when he was I didn't mind. I loved having someone to talk to. After eating the eggos,we went onto go back dancing.

Soon dad started sitting because of his back. I sat on the chair beside him and he ruffled my curly hair around. Before the night ended dad turned to me and said,

"I'm getting old and need someone to rely on."