Ouriel: Birthday

Ouriel POV

Tomorrow is the day of my birthday so I went to visit my mother first at Lotus Marsh. We mainly stay at Mana Ridge but when father passed away, she decided to go back to the place where she grew up while I decided to stay in Mana Ridge for my training.

"Riel! You're finally here! Advance happy birthday my son!" Mom gleefully said as she hugged me tight.

"It's nice to see you, Ma! I got you some food and stuff that you might need!" I smiled at her.

"Dawww you don't have to! It's your day tomorrow so I have something for you!" Mom exclaimed and suddenly went to her room.

I just chuckled and look around the house... it's not that of a big house. It's just enough for 2 or 3 people to stay and I like it here. It is good to finally be at home and cozy. So I sat down the couch until I heard running footsteps, seeing my mom carrying a present.

"Ma! You don't have to bother!" I laughed as she gave me the gift.

"Oh come on! We rarely see each other so go on and open it!" She chirped so I just shook my head and tried to unwrap it. My eyes widened when it was a handmade sweatshirt! I grinned widely and hugged her.. I can feel the love just by staring at it.

"Thank you, Ma. I really love it."

"You're such a sensitive boy when it comes from gifts especially if it's from me!" Mom laughed and patted my head.

"Well, you're really good at these stuff. Anyway, I'm only until tomorrow because I promised my friends to celebrate with them. And after that, back to being busy again." I said, feeling a bit ashamed coz I can't stay longer for us to have our bonding time.

"Oh it's fine. I understand so no need to be upset." She sweetly smiled and pat my head.

Later on, we heard a knock on the door so I went to open it and saw someone very familiar.

Her eyes were gray, long hair with color as copper. She gasped with wide eyes when she saw me "Ouriel?!"

"Huh?" I managed to say as I blink my eyes. I heard mom asking if who was outside until she was behind me, seeing the lady infront of me.

"Oh Alisha! You're here!"

"Alisha?" Why does it sound so familiar?

"It seems like you dont remember me anymore." Alisha said with a sigh. Mom let her in while I take the bags that Alisha was carrying.

"Sorry about that.." I apologized but she just chuckled at me.

"Well it's been so long anyway... I'm Alisha and I'm your friend when we were young! I lived in Mana Ridge too but my parents decided to go here in Lotus Marsh and live here instead. And I saw your mom!" Alisha said making my mom giggle.

"Alisha knew about what happened to your father so she kept me company when she has the time."

"I see.. thank you for taking care of my mom." I thanked her as I bow making her chuckle.

"It's no big deal! I get to finally see you after all these years! I couldn't get the timing everytime you come home to visit your mom. It's always a conflict on my schedules." Alisha said with a shrug then grins at me.

"I see... well it's nice to see you again then." I said.

So mom went to cook some food for dinner and a little celebration for my birthday. Alisha greeted me and sang the happy birthday song which made me feel a bit embarrassed.

"Oh by the way, Riel! Alisha was planning to go to Saint Haven tomorrow and find a guild there!" Mom suddenly said while we're eating.

"Really? That's great then..." I said and glanced at her "Have you decided what guild you're going to join?" I asked her.