Hellios: The Failed Experiment

Hellios POV

Im being called in the office today for an important mission. I excused myself from my friends and went there to discuss the mission with Mistress Fauna. As soon as I arrived, I bow my head down as a greeting.

"Hellios, do you remember about your investigation in Prairie Town?" Mistress asked me in a stern face.

"Yes. It's about an explosion from outside and inside the town. And we found clues of a torn up cloth from a dragon follower." I answered her question.

"Well, Rhadames seems to have the same problem. But there's been explosions outside town more often. People don't find anything suspicious or any clues on who did it. There hasn't been any hints of battle in the area too but we've been receiving missing people posters around town... I'd like you to go investigate once again." She said as she leans on her chair.

Hmm.. that's odd. No signs of battle going on yet there are explosions. There must be some kidnapping going around town for some illegal experiments again. Is the explosion their way to confuse people? That's a dumb move for a kidnapping... Prairie also have missing people when it happened and up until now they can't find em.. so it was either they're dead already or still in hostage. But the problem is, where could they be? We know there was a dragon follower included but they went into hiding somewhere and we're still in search for them. I sighed and accepted the mission. Another brain storming one to find out clues and stuff..

I exit the office after excusing myself and went to my friend's seeing the others already left for a mission which only leaves Lux, Prince and Vile in the table. I approached them and they started asking questions. When I told them, they began to worry and think about it too..

"Hmm.. it could be the dragon followers with their stupid experiments again turning people into monsters!!" Vile blurted out which Lunariux agreed.

"True it could be them. I can't believe they have to do such a thing! I hope we could find their hideout soon and punish them all." Lux said in a harsh tone in his voice.

"So when will you start, Hell?" Prince asked this time.

"I'll start right now while I have the time.. I'll be arriving around night time tho but that doesn't matter. The sooner I get there, the better." I said and I said my goodbyes to them before heading out.

I opened the guild door and Rep was infront of me. I blinked my eyes twice before greeting him.

"Hey Rep! Long time no see! How's your long ass mission?" I asked him. Rep took a long term mission so he was gone for a few months.

Rep smiled "Oh it was tiring of course! But I managed to complete it and now Im ready to get my rewards! And it's a big one!" He glee at his success and then he waved goodbye before excitedly going inside to claim his gold. I smiled, long term missions does give you a big reward for completing it and also have some vacations to a certain place that you want.

I went home to pack my things before going to the airship. I don't know how long I will stay there since it depends how long I will be able to solve this case. I sighed as I'm finished packing and head my way towards the airship to get some tickets. It's still 12:30PM so it'll take me a few hours to arrive at Rhadames.

-+-*-+-

I finally reached Rhadames and it's almost 6PM. Just in time for dinner but I gotta find an inn first..

Then a woman in purple attire, what seems to be a sorceress, approached me. "Are you Hellios?" She asked..

I nodded my head "Yes.. and you are?" I lift a brow at her. I think it was a bit of a rude gesture but that doesn't matter of what she thinks of me.