Hellios: The Tournament

Hellios POV

I sighed as I can hear the loud voices, whistling and screams the moment I stepped into the arena.

Today is the Cleric's fight in the tournament. Since Bernael is now gone, the clerics are fighting for the champion spot. Every year we have a new champion after his disappearance. I sighed as I remember the old days when Nael was still around. He'd always beat my ass whenever I made it to the finals.

"And so we have our final round! Where the last competitor will face our champion from last year!!" Prince exclaimed in the mic making the people roar in excitement. Him and Vile are always the chosen hosts whenever they don't join. Prince is already a high rank priest mastering both inquisitor and saint skills. If Prince hasn't fully mastered it yet, he'd be able to join. I'm glad Masters aren't allowed to join in this tournament. As for me, I'm sticking on being an inquisitor in honor for my father. I can heal but not as powerful as the saints. My relics aren't even enhanced but it can help me in situations.

"Will our champion defend his place or will we have a new champion?! There's only one way to find out!" Vile said in the mic.

"Our finalist is the man of silence! The man of weird jokes! The man of-" Vile stopped his dumb introduction about me when he noticed I was glaring at him. He coughed "The man of the manly man man who is one of the top inquisitors! Hellios!!"

My hand flew in my forehead for a face palm. I swear his announcing skills are dumb. I don't know why he's always been chosen to be host. The crowd chuckled but cheered for me anyway.

"And here comes our champion! The female crusader, Selene!" After Prince said her name, she stepped into the arena with a confident smile.

"Hey Hell!!! Good luck!!" She yelled so I can hear. I sighed... I just did a thumbs up and she grinned at me. Guess she's having fun...

"Now... Fight!" After hearing the bell. Selene's smile turned serious and took out her flail.

Riz POV

Hellios did a stance holding his shield and wand. Both didn't move for a few seconds. Hell is observing his opponent until Selene quickly threw her judgement hammer at him. Hell quickly reacted and put a bind relic at the side and a shock relic to the other. He dodged the hammer while Selene dashed towards him for an attack.

She was about to use lightning zap for mid-range but the electricity from the shock relic sting her, cancelling her skill.

Shit! I didn't knew it'll reach me! Selene thought to herself.

Hellios moved slightly to the side to avoid the hammer coming back to Selene and used lightning spear which Selene quickly dodged but the electricity from the spear was still in the ground. Hell smirked and did detonate, making the electricity explode hitting Selene.

She stand up and smirked. "Not bad."

Hellios just shrugged and placed relics around him again with an emotionless face.

"I see... Using relics to block some movements and for offense and defense." Selene murmured. She looked at the bind relic, as soon as the relic released an aura, she quickly charged towards Hellios for a tackle. Hoping she can push him away from the relics but she failed when he dodged.

Hell casted chain lightning, but Selene quickly turned and swing her flail upwards lifting Hellios up in the air, cancelling his skill. She took the chance to destroy the bind relic before it can release another aura to bind her. Hell regained his balance but Selene did a kick on him which made him staggered. He saw her going for another combo, his body starts to have electricity around it and he used avenging wave releasing the shock in his body making Selene fall backwards and got electrocuted. Hell then casted mind breaker where he threw a ball of electricity shocking Selene more and is unable to move. Hell wasn't satisfied and used holy bolt to bind her.