Hellios: "Letters"

PROLOGUE

Hellios POV

"You will be a warrior once you grow up. Do you understand me, Hellios?"

-----

"Why is my nickname Hell?" I asked my mother.

She glanced at me with sharp eyes before harshly replying "Because you're a curse for me. But maybe once you either become a warrior or a sorcerer then I can consider you as a blessing, Hellios."

"A.. curse?"

Why does a mother think of her child as a curse? Because my father was a cleric and she is a sorceress?

"I've decided. I'll let you train in the warrior class. We will go tomorrow at Calderock Village and watch their training so that you'll have an idea what a training is like. You have to grow into a powerful gladiator!"

I couldn't understand back then on why I was forced to follow everything what my mother wants me to do. Like a bird being chained and locked up in a cage. But what can I do?  I was just a 10 year old child who wanted to make his mother proud.

------

As I was on my way to my training, I've seen clerics having their training and teaching lessons about light magic and healing magic. Which path will they choose and what class.

"Hellios!" I heard my mother call my name in rage, I whip around and saw her with angry eyes as she approached me with heavy steps. She grabbed me in the arm tightly before lowly growling at me "What are you doing?! Come with me! Don't you dare watch cleric training!" and there she pulled me away.

"Mother, warriors start their training at Prairie Town right? Why here at Calderock?" I asked because I heard it before.

"Yes but I have a friend that will give you special training and only a few kids will be in his lessons."

I didn't bother to talk to her after that.

As time goes by, maybe a few months already, I've learned some basic ways of a warrior but it doesn't sparked my interest in one bit. It was break time and I was walking my way towards my favorite spot in the village. It's near the river under a big tree until I saw someone in there.

It was an elf. She seems to be a teenager? But I bet she's older than being a teen. I was about to leave but she turned around and saw me, then she smiled at me sweetly.

"Hey there!" She greeted which I just replied with a poker face and didn't greeted back. She walk towards me and sat down "Are you lost?"

"No. It just so happens you're in my favorite spot." I bluntly said which made her blink a few times before giggling.

"Oh my apologies! I will be leaving now anyway. Take care!" After she said that, she waved before leaving. I just sighed and went to sit down under the tree and feel the wind in my face.

Do I want any of this? Do I wanna be a warrior? All these thoughts of mine are bothering me a lot. I like the ways of being a warrior but I don't feel like continuing. But I also don't want to disappoint my mother.

A year has passed and I'm learning more to be a warrior day by day. My skills are getting better but my mom still doesn't show any love and affection for me. Is it not enough?

As I was strolling at Calderock Village, I saw a group of clerics and sorceress having an argument over something. They seem to really hate each other a lot. They've been rivals for so long. I wonder why?