Sixteen

Bailee didn't trust Rachel. She was trying her best to be a good mum to Isla. But Bailee didn't trust her in the house with Isla. Bailee still blamed Rachel for Summer and how she never got to say goodbye.

Bailee knew that a part of her was missing now that Summer was gone. Bailee smiled as she changed Isla's nappy and got her ready. She grinned. "Don't worry baby. It's just going to be you and mummy. She won't let anyone hurt you or take you away. Especially your nasty grandma," she said as she picked up Isla.

She looked to the suitcase that she had under the bed and sighed. She knew she was ready to leave and it scared her as she knew that she didn't want to leave Lenni behind but she didn't trust Rachel.

****

Bailee walked down into the kitchen and smiled as she saw Lenni with Thea. She looked at her and smiled. "Are you okay? You don't look yourself," Lenni said

Bailee looked to her sister and smiled. "I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me," she said.

Lenni looked to her for a moment and nodded. "But I do worry about you. You've been through a lot lately. You lost Summer and that you had Isla quickly after. But I am your sister and no matter what, I am here for you. I love you," Lenni said as Bailee walked over and hugged her. "What was that for?"

Bailee smiled and shrugged. "For being amazing," she said.

Lenni looked at her and smiled. Lenni sighed knowing there was something off with Bailee.

****

Bailee got to school and sighed. She knew that she needed to act as if it was all okay. Tom walked over to Bailee as she looked at him and rolled her eyes. "What do you want? Haven't you got to, oh I don't know, shag my sister or something?" Bailee asked.

Tom rolled his eyes. "No. I want to talk to you. Over Summer. Her gravestone. I want to put Clarkson on it. She is my daughter too and I lost her too," he said.

Bailee looked at him and nodded. "Okay. You can go ahead and do it. I don't have a problem with it," she said.

Tom looked at her and frowned. "Are you okay Bailee?"
He asked. He had noticed how different that she seemed to be.

"I'm fine. I'm just tired. That's all," Bailee lied. Bailee was scared. And she knew that she couldn't let on to anyone how she was leaving.

Bailee watched as Tom walked off. She took out her phone. She made a phone call. "It's me. I need to see you. It's over our daughter," she said as she left a message and sighed.

She knew that she needed to do what was best for for Isla. And Bailee knew that meant keeping her away from Rachel. She didn't care if Rachel was her mother. All that Rachel ever did was cause her hurt.

****

Bailee stood at the side of the road as the car pulled up. She looked as the window rolled down. "I think we need to talk over our daughter," Bailee said.

Max Tyler sat there. He looked at her and smirked slightly. "So do I. Get in."

Bailee nodded. She knew that he would want answers over how long she had kept Isla from him for so long.