Kabanata 46

Kabanata 46

Cheer

Maybe, fate and I have issues to each other that we need to resolve personally.

My mouth still agape at the sight of tita Hannah's stern features directed to his son. The moment her eyes set to me - to us a while ago, I pushed Genesis away from me. Flushed and terrified, I don't know what to do. Napakagat ako ng labi.

Now, we're both facing his silent fuming mother, sitting beside each other on his bed, I glanced at him for brief seconds just to graze his face - the emotions that passed through his demeanor. I can't actually read him. He remained blank-face and nothing at all. Mabilis na lumiban ang tingin 'ko sa kanya napunta sa Mom niya. I think I held my breath for few seconds, gawking his mother. Her lips still pursed. Her fierce eyes remained scathed, bound for Genesis'. My gaze ping-ponged to them. I hope the superpower I wish when I was a child should kick-in now. I should just disappear quickly and erase this unpleasant memory in tita Hannah's head.

"Yes?" it is Genesis who broke the silence, the tension thicken around inside his place.

Tita Hannah's brow raised in disbelief. Her lips curled more. I gulped big time. Napatingin na lamang ako sa bracelet na niregalo 'ko kay Genesis habang pinapakalma ang aking puso. I felt...really embarrassed, you know. Maybe, I have this bad image to his mother. That tainted and dirty image that no amount of good aspect in life could do. I let out a staggering breath as I tried to push the awful thought inside my head.

It is too horrible.

Kung si Mama man ang makakita siguro noon...

At malaman itong nangyari.

My body went to burning hot to freezing cold as thoughts rushed inside my mind. Mas lalong kumalabog sa sobrang nerbyos ang aking puso 'ko sa pag-iisip na maaaring malaman ng mga magulang 'ko ito - through tita Hannah's mouth. I am so damned right now. I can't stop my thought. I know we didn't do anything - that's easy, right? I could explain. Kaya 'ko 'yon, pero pa'no na lang ang magiging dating nito kina Mama at Papa?

"You should knock first," buga muli ni Genesis. I felt his fingers grazed my knuckles. It somehow relaxed my trembling nerves. Naramdaman 'ko ang tingin sa aking mukha ngunit hindi 'ko pinaunlakan ng mata. Nanatili pa rin ang mata 'ko sa bracelet niya. "The door is made for that, Mother."

Damn.

Genesis should not push his Mother's button that far. Sinulyapan 'ko si tita Hannah. Shocked still, her face twisted more. Her eyes scathing wildly to his son. Still poised and elegant, she pulled her shoulders ready to battle Genesis with words. One thing I know, the two will not back down right now.

"I know that." Her chest fell and rose heavily as she contained herself. Her palms fell on her hips. "Maybe, if you locked the door, I might not see that." Her head whipped to Genesis until her eyes set on me. Napalunok ako ng matindi. Nanginig pa ang labi 'ko sa pag-a-attempt na idepensa ang sarili.

It's my fault. I didn't lock it. I was too eager to ask him about the basketball game. Ako ang may kasalanan.

We didn't do anything! My heart shouted.

"I'm just fooling around, Mother." Genesis butted in again. He raked his hand through his tousled hair, short on the sides and full on the top. He flashed a half-smile to prompt his Mother...more. "And, what do I need to know why you barged in inside my room, then? Guess what, Raz? You disappoint me again." Tinaas ni Genesis ang dalawa kamay niya at inakto ang maaaring sabihin ng ina. I want to stop him - really halt him for pushing his mother. "Raziel, what did you do again this time? Staining -"