Kabanata 47

Kabanata 47

Truth Or Dare

"I'm so, sorry, Genesis! I didn't know, really! You have to believe me! I don't know anything about it..." Coleen grunted with fetid cries. Her shoulders are trembling awfully. Halos hindi na ito makahinga sa kakaiyak. Across her is Genesis who remained poised and blank-faced, staring down at her. "Genesis! Please! I really don't know about it! I am not sending any messages to Ish! I promise that to you!"

Three minutes, I guess, had already passed since my feet landed inside the mansion. The image of Coleen's quivering back and Genesis's stoic face are the first thing I noticed. Si Coleen lamang ang nakikiusap at bumubuga ng mga salita habang nasa harap ni Genesis. Her gangly arms are flailing hard. Hirap na hirap siyang ipaliwanag ang sarili. Genesis, however, stayed behind, upright, plastering his brooded features. I saw how Coleen stepped back gazing him. Mas lalong nanginig ang kanyang balikat.

Wala ng ibang tao sa sala kung hindi silang dalawa kasama ako. Only Genesis acquired my presence. But his eyes dead-set on Coleen to digest her fully, to know her full intentions. Ito na ba 'yon? Is this the reason he'd rush me to see him? Because he's already found out who's texting me those crude messages? Ito na nga ba? Is it...her, Coleen? The first one to decipher Genesis' behavior toward me?

She has right to be mad at me...I know that.

Because I lied right in her face. Na sinabi 'ko na hindi 'ko kilala ang gusto ni Genesis. Because it is me.

"That's why I am here because I want to tell you about it, Genesis! Partly, I know I am the reason why? I was so angry, alam mo 'yon! Dahil hindi mo kayang ibalik 'yong pagmamahal na mayroon ako sa'yo simula dati! I know it sucks! But it hurts!" She wept loudly. "I am really sorry. I only have Camilla, you know. She's the only girl I could tell about what I saw! Galit ako dahil hindi masabi ni Ish 'yon sa harapan 'ko. At ikaw, hindi mo masabi sa akin na siya 'yong gusto mo! I could really stomach it!" Mas lalo siyang napahagulgol. "Camilla cared so much about me...she helped get through it. I told her how envious I was because Ish could get anything she wanted! Ano nga bang laban 'ko, 'di ba? I am just your...blockmate. We never really had a thing." Coleen stepped forward, almost reaching him but Genesis narrowed his eyes. "I'm sorry but I didn't really know and I couldn't imagined it, she'd stoop that low, stealing Isabelle's number in my phone, passing distasteful messages. Even texting her some threat...I am sorry. I am really, really sorry. I trusted Camilla so much. Hindi 'ko alam na kaya niyang gawin iyon para sa akin." Kumawala muli ang iyak niya sa loob ng living room.

My eyes started to burn. I remained...like a statue. Someone, something vacuuming the oxygen out of my lungs. I blinked back the unshed tears. Nanginig ang pisngi 'ko. Is that it...making me so afraid of anything right now? Ito na ba talaga 'yon? Because of, what? Jealousy? Envy? Ano pa ba?

"Is that what you think of her, Coleen?" Genesis' biting tone made Coleen's movement halted. I've never seen him so angry, so mad. "That after my brother, she'd come after me? Is that it? You spread it to someone you barely knew? What are you thinking? What am I to you, then?" His voice boomed thunderously. His eyes darken and harden. His jaw clenched and unhinged, shaking his head...he can't believe everything right now.

Genesis' fists trembled. My throat closed for seconds. I want to reach him...to say it's okay but I know he'd disagree with me. He wants something in return for making me afraid of everything right now because of the threats.

"Because I was jealous! I was angry, okay! Kadadating niya lang ulit dito sa inyo, siya na ang bukang bibig mo! I told everything to Camilla that Ish never liked you in the first place! Bakit siya pa rin ang laging bukang bibig mo! After Ish's interest to Jace, nabaling na sa'yo? It is so unfair! How could she be like that! Napaka-unfair! We had a thing Genesis! For Pete's -"