|12|

When we arrived at school and parked, we got out of the car. Everyone was staring, well, mainly at Kai.

"Kitty, it's ok, just ignore them." I whispered closely in his ear, seeing him shiver.

My puppies followed behind and we walked through the parking lot. Still feeling everyone's gaze on us, I looked around and glared. Some looked away and some kept staring.

We reached the entrance door and found Hayley and Mason waiting near my locker.

"Hey, guys." Hayley turned around and jumped on me. Mason just gave us a small smile and waved.

"Xavier, I have to tell you something!" She got off and jumped around, squealing.

"What, did you finally get a car?" She shook her head.

"Uh, did you get a dog?" She shook her head again, still smiling and squealing.

"Just tell me already." I said frustratingly.

"My mom's pregnant. Can you believe it? I'm going to be a big sister." She smiled and teared up a bit. She has always wanted a younger sibling, but her parents never tried for one. I guess now they did and are having a baby.

"Wow, congrats to your parents, and to you for achieving a younger sibling, I guess?" She jumped up and down, clapping her hands, making people stare at her.

"I'm so happy that when I found out, I cried for two hours straight." She smiled at the ground as she played with her shirt.

"Would you look who it is? It's big boy Kai, hanging out with the gays." I heard laughing from behind us and turned around to see Kai's old friends. Kai hid behind Levi who crossed his arms at them, glaring harshly as his eyes turned cold.

"Aw, are you scared, buddy? Maybe you should come with us and we'll teach you a lesson on being scared." They all laughed at Kai who looked like he was about to cry. I knew what the meaning was behind those words and that immediately set me off.

I grabbed the red-head, kicking his legs to make him lose his footing. I pulled his arm up behind his back and he screamed. I pushed him down and let his arm go.

"I swear if anyone of you ever, ever say something about Kai again, come up to me personally and say it to my face and watch what'll happen." I said in an icy cold tone while glaring at all of them.

I grabbed Kai's hand and pulled him away, my puppies and friends following. The bell rang and I was walking Kai to his first class.

"Kitty, what's your first class?"

"Gym, but I don't want to go." We arrived in front of the locker rooms and I grabbed his hand.

"Sorry, but you have to, Kitty." I leaned forward and he flinched back. I kissed his forehead and pulled away.

"Sorry." He looked down.

"It's ok, Kai. If you're not ready to be public, I won't pressure you. I'll see you during lunch, ok?" He nodded and waved as he walked in the locker rooms. Hayley was with me and we walked to math together.

"So, are you guys together?" She asked me, raising her eyebrows and bumping shoulders with me.

"Yeah, he actually wanted to be like Levi and Enzo, but instead, he's my cute little kitty. You know, he's really shy and cute. He blushes a lot when we hold him or kiss him." I smiled at nobody, thinking about all the times that my puppies and I had ever held him and he would always try to hide his red face.