The Young Veins

Ryan's pov, just after he left

I pulled out my notebook and flipped to the page I titled, Heart of Mine . It's the song I'm writing for Y/n.

"So Ryan, I've heard you've got yourself a new girl..." Andy said, desperately trying to start a conversation in the quiet van.

"Yeah..." Just leave me alone please...

"What's she like?" He continued.

"She's beautiful, smart, funny, and has an incredible taste in music..." I began to smile as I thought of her, "...she does this thing, when she gets nervous or if she's thinking. She'll bite her lip and it's the cutest thing I have ever seen."

"Yeah? This girl sounds pretty amazing. Is she better than Z? You were crazy for her."

"Yeah, a hundred times better than Z ever was."

"Sure, sure, and even Brendon?"

"Yeah, way better than Brendon..." Please leave me alone...

"Is that right? She must be pretty epic then, huh?"

"Yeah, look I'm trying to work on something here, can you please leave me alone?"

"Oh yeah, yeah, sure..." I got about a minute of silence before he began to look over my shoulder, "... what are you writing?" Ahh this is why I don't do bands...

"A song."

"What's it about?"

"Who's it about..." I corrected him, "...and it's for Y/n."

"Oh, who's Y/n?" He asked, totally skeptical.

"My girlfriend!" I told him, clearly annoyed.

"Oh, I see." The rest of the ride was full of dumb comments and questions from Andy with random bits of quiet where I wrote as much as I could before anything else came out of that dumb ass's mouth. We finally made it to the venue and began setting up for the night. It wasn't very big, about the size of a high school gym.

I walked back stage and found a phone, I should call her...

As I made my way over I was stopped, "Oh Ryan, did you miss me, darling?" Oh boy what is Z doing here??

"No, not really..." I turned to see her getting up from the couch and walk towards me.

"Oh you don't have to lie baby. Your girl ain't here, we should have some..." She leaned in close to my ear and whispered, "...fun tonight." She laughed.

"Uh...n-no" I stared at the floor as I felt my face heat up a bit.

"What?"

"N-no, I don't want to do anything with you. Now if you'll excuse me, I must call my girlfriend." I quickly got to the phone, in fear of Z pulling something on me. I dialed the number, as it rang I kept a close eye on Z. 

"Hello?"

"Hey darling, how's it going?" I couldn't help but smile as I heard her voice.

"Um, I'm good. How about you?" Z began to slowly walk towards me.

"I'm okay, I guess, I just, miss you a lot."

"I miss you too. Ryan, listen I've got something to tell you..."

"Ryan..." Z began.

"Can you hold on for a second?" I asked Y/n.

"Uh, yeah I guess..." She answered.