Chapter 17: The flower in his pocket

CHLOES POV

Well I was a bit freaked out seeing Josh unconchis in Brookes arms but I figured out why. Maddie did look really good in her costume and since he loves her now... well you get it. Paige smiled and grabbed my hand and we each twirled eachother and kissed the side of our palms. We always do that before we go on for a group number. All 8 of us linked arms and walked backstage. ugg this is so awkward linking arms with Josh. I wish we were still in love! I blushed and smiled sadly at Paige who just tapped me on the shoulder knowing that I was feeling my hourly dose of awkwardness. "Am I jealous?" I asked her. "Your too sweet to know how to be jealous." Paige said rubbing my shoulder. "But what if I am?" I begged. "Your not" "I am" "Your not" I..." Paige stuck her hands in front of my mouth and grinned. "Chlo your not this was just a surprise and your so innocent that... you dont handle change well." "What kinda change?" I asked not being able to help myself. Paige opened her mouth but then she bit her lip and looked forward. Was she trying to tell me somthing? I looked over and saw Maddie smiling at... "Paige..." I asked. "Yes Chlo?" she said turning back to me. "Hide me and cover me with dirt so that no one will find me and that I will have no oygen and I will die a slow painful death." I said out of breath. Paige rolled her eyes and said "Nothings worse than what has already happened and I dont even have a shovel to dig a hole to put you in so I wont ruin the beautiful flower that you have grown as yourself. Plus that pretty face of yours is too pretty to slather it in dirt." Paige said pinching my arm. "Help me win Josh back! Your a genius at love! Help me!" I asked not caring how desperate I sounded. Paige looked away again. She looked back up and said "Chlo I love you but please stop worrying about things you cant control it gets annoying." She said staring right at me. "But thats like all I do! What will I do all the time?" I begged."Dance. Which is what weve gotta do now! So hug me do your weird little thumb crack thing and get on stage and dance for you not Josh." Paige said wrapping her arms around me and picking me up. I wrapped my legs around hers and let her carry me to... wherever we were going. I looked up and saw the stage curtains. Whoa! I almost forgot about the group number! I kissed Paigeys cheek repinned me hair and steeped into the curtain. Time to dance!

JOSHS POV

Well that was hot! Chlo just looked stunning, her dress, her hair, the way her hips twisted when she walked, and her perfect smile. About 15 seconds later I woke up in Brookes arms. Weird? So, we started walking backstage and Paige and... ugg. Anyway, those two were having a conversation that seemed to be riveting, they both were talking allot. I poked my hand into my shirt pocket and felt the soft petals of the flower. I was planning on giving it to Chloe but I dont know if I should anymore. Why cant she still see how totally and comletely lovesick I still am? Whoa. Was it just me or was Chloe just checking my muscles out? I do say myself, they do look pretty ripped. Hockey does great things. Anywho... whoa Josh! Stop staring at her! She probably wasent even checking me out, probably some other guy backstage. Before I knew it I was staring at her again. I cant help it! After exactly 43 seconds of staring Brooke punched me on the shoulder. "Joshy, your staring." Brooks said, correcting me as if I failed a test. "Leave me be." I said punching her right back. "You still love her right?" she asked, still bugging me. "Yes I do! More than anything! But... she wont hear me out. Im sooooooooo CRAZY in love, but I dont know what I can do..." my voice trailed off. Brooke sighed. "Well, as confusing as love can get... keep your head up bro. You two are perfect together, love will ALWAYS find a way. Now comeon, get out on stage and dance!" Brooke said pushing me into the stage curtain. Whoa! Were here already! I lightly rubbed the petals again. They made me think about my angel. Well, time to dance!

BROOKES POV

Helping people is exhausting! Especially, when the people your helping are in a situation that shouldent need help! AKA Chlo and Joshies situation. But, no time to worry about that now. Time to hit the stage! They announced us and as the music grew loud slowly I strolled onto the stage, people cheering as I walked. I did my begining part and I felt like I was nailing it. Whoa! My bahtma went even higher then it neede too! Yay! I smiled and ran off stage. As the "narrator" in this dance which was supposed to be a "story" (Abbey and her strange ideas) I wasent on stage for the entire dance. But I loved watching my bro and besties dance!

MADDIES POV

Brooke nailed her part, and now it was my... I mean our turn to shine! I ran on stage from the left middle curtain and did a turning double stag and landed into a triple pencil turn. Chloe came from the right corner stage curtain and did her usual 6 turn shenae pieroette combo and then did develope tilt. Ugg why was she so good at those! Kendall came out from the right middle curtain and did a quadruple pierroette and did an side ariel out of it. Nia came out from the left front curtain and did a roundoff with 2 back handsprings and did a shanae reach. Paige came out from left corner stage curtain and did a reach then a double skater turn into a front ariel. Kenz ran out from the front right curtain and did her walking handspring into a front walkover then did a fan kick.

JOSHS POV

Now it was my turn to run out and do my part... Alright time to do this... I ran out to the center of the stage and threw my arms up. I did a ponche back airabesk and pulled it into a 5 pieroette turn and slid out of it and leaned back completely knowing... There they were! All the girls on stage were supposed to run from their spots and come to me and hold and lean against me as I leaned back. They each pulled at my shirt trying to grab me and then we all ran to our spots. We did the first part and then I ran too... Her. I pulled her into my chest so close I could feel her breathing and then I reached for the back of her legs. I pulled her up over my head and twirled her then I brought her down a bit so I could hold the low part of her waist and spun her around well she had her legs straight up in the air and her arms were grasping my shoulder then I pull her down and she slides down my chest which makes me feel... Awesome... And I swing her under my legs by holding her wrists and then I pick her up off the ground and we take one final look at each other before she runs away. That moment, I wanted to cry. Looking into those big beautiful brown eyes I felt passion and love. She could make me fall at my feet and I wish she still saw that. I wanted to look into her eyes forever but I knew I had to move on. So I let go of the glance and ran for Nia. I had to keep dancing.

BROOKES POV

Watching the group from the curtain was fun. They all worked sooooo well together! When Josh and Chloe did their part... I think I almost cried, but you know I dident want to mess up my mascara. I really wish they were still together! Josh did great with Nia, very good with Kendall, and you would think it would be a bit weird with Paige but their pros. And then it was with... Maddie. It was a bit uncompfortable to watch. It was like Josh was doing everything to not get at all close to her. Actually, it was kinda funny! The stage guy with the headphones looked at me strangley as I was quietly laughing. Uh hello weird guy, 1 800 get a life, dont stare weirdly at young girls laughing I thought to myself. Alright... Im running on now... Ok! The kids ran off stage and I did my part. I felt like I was gliding across the stage like glass. It was acclelerating! I reached forward and ran off. Then they came back on and started again, YAY! I get to watch again!

ABBEYS POV

Why wasent Josh working well with Maddie? Theyre both great dancers, why is it weird? Well, its his fault. He cant ruin my Maddies career.

CHLOES POV

Oh my! This dance is lidderally going amazing. Except you know... the whole Josh thing. But for some reason it felt good dancing with him. Infact it felt... almost too good. It was as if he was restraining himself from doing somthing he really wanted to do. Weird... Now it was the moment where everyone comes out and does second turns well Kenz does aerials. I ran out reaching and then I did an eclipso and ran for the front of the stage to turn because me and Maddie split center. And... Turn turn turn into triple pieroette. Turn turn turn into triple pencil turn. Turn turn turn into triple front attitude turn and stop pengilum then fan kick and step step jhete. Then we all kept dancing for the next minute and a half. And then... It was time for Josh to pick the girl he would walk off with the stage and the rest of us except Brooke would fall to the ground... Its time...