Oh No: Part Two

The next day...

"Hello?" Cancer picked up the phone.

"Uh, hi, this is Virgo. When should I pick you up?"

"When does it start?"

"Six."

"Whenever you like. I'm open."

"Sure. See you at five forty-five, then."

"See you then."

Cancer put the phone down. Going to the dance with Virgo felt strange, for a number of reasons. They were just friends, for one thing, and there was nothing wrong with that. She had always imagined she'd be excited the first time she went to a dance with someone, but today, it just felt like a normal thing to do. Barely different from book club.

It could be a lot worse, she decided. She genuinely liked Virgo, as a friend. And going with him was sure to be fun, even and perhaps especially because they were nothing more than that. I really don't want any drama.

The phone rang again. "Hello?"

"Hi Cancer!"

"Hi Pisces," smiled Cancer. "What's up?"

"Are you walking to the dance with Taurus and me?"

Taurus and I, thought Cancer, but she didn't correct him. "Sorry, Pisces... Virgo's picking me up."

"Oh." A breif pause. "Okay. See you there."

"Wait! Don't hang up. Is Charlie coming?"

"You have to ask?" She could almost hear Pisces's smile coming through the line.

"Ooh, good. See you there, Pisces!"

"See you!" Click.

---

Capricorn was wandering around his room. He was going to enjoy the peace and quiet tonight. Aries, Gemini, and Libra were all going to the dance. The perfect opportunity to get some rest when he had the mansion all to himself.

Libra opened his door. "Capricorn?"

"Yes?"

"Are you coming to the dance?"

"Oh god, no. Didn't you hear me say I thought dances were stupid?"

"Well, you're coming anyways." Libra walked into his room and sat on his bed. "Everyone is going."

"Exactly."

"Capricorn!"

"What?"

"I'm forcing you to come," announced Libra.

Capricorn snorted. "No you're not. I don't even have a mask."

"I know you don't. That's why I bought you one." She tossed him a package. "You can come willingly, or I can force you to come."

Capricorn sighed. At this point, it was hopeless. "Okay, fine. But only for one reason."

"Oh?"

"Because I spent sixteen hundred hours putting streamers up all over the room with Aries, and she told me about her plan. This, I can't miss."

Libra glanced at him. "What is Aries going to do?"

"My lips are sealed."

"Oh boy," sighed Libra, leaving the room. It was going to be an interesting night.

---

The doorbell rang. Aries didn't get up, accustomed to having Libra usually answer the door. Then, she remembered that Leo was picking her up to go to the dance. Groaning, she heaved herself off the couch, and opened the door.