The Bet

"Bs," said Taurus.

"Dangit," scowled Pisces, reaching for the stack of cards.

"Two fives," said Libra, throwing them in.

"One six," said Cancer.

"Three sevens," said Taurus.

"Peanut butter," said Cancer.

"You sneaky devil!" exclaimed Pisces. Cancer stuck her tongue out.

"Two eights," yawned Taurus.

"One nine," said Libra.

"I win," grinned Taurus. Pisces's jaw hit the floor.

"Nice job," smiled Cancer. "I had no idea you had so few cards left."

Taurus pulled her shirt over her face. "I'm a master of disguise."

While they were still laughing, Gemini ran into the room. "Hey guys," he panted, and then turned to Cancer. "Hey Cancer, do you want to go out with me?"

"I-what?" asked Cancer, confused.

"WHAT?" roared Pisces. "SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND, YOU KNOW!"

"Oh yeah," remembered Gemini. "I forgot."

"YOU FORGOT???"

"I can explain," said Gemini hastily, as Pisces jumped to his feet, somhow managing to look extremely menacing to the boy who was over a foot taller than him. "Leo Aquarius and I, we have this bet on."

Pises blinked. "What are you talking about?"

"Well," explained Gemini, still casting furitive looks at Pisces. "It happened like this-"

"Cue the dreamy flashback music!" I yelled, running across the room waving streamers.

"That's not-well- okay then," shrugged Gemini.

Leo walked into the tower, where Aquarius and I were. Since moving day, we had set up the main room into a comforatble sitting room. The room above the sitting room belonged to Leo and I, we had beds there and the floor was covered with pillows. The attic was Aquarius's, he had argued that because it was his only room, he should get the biggest.

"Hi guys!" yelled Leo. "I am here to bless this tower with my fabulousity!"

Aquarius jumped off the ladder, and used the swinging rope to swing dramatically down next to Leo. He swung into the wall instead. He had been practicing doing that and still hadn't gotten it right.

He jumped back up, and brushed himself off. "Leo, we've discussed this. I am more fabulous than you are."

Leo struck a pose. "You wish."

I sighed. "Guys, this is pointless. My fabulosity could whoop your fabulosity any day of the week."

"Prove it," challanged Aquarius.

Leo blinked. "How?"

I rubbed my hands together evilly. "We will have a competition of fabulousness! Whoever is the first to get a girlfriend wins, and will hereby the most fabulous." I paused. "And win twenty dollars from each loser."

Leo blinked. "A girlfriend?"

"Scared?" I challanged.

"Scared you'll embarass yourself," he scoffed. "Next time I see you, I will no longer be a single pringle." He strolled out of the room. Aquarius and I bolted after. The race was on.