[10] He Gave Up His Harem For Me

As I saw the two head pop out of the alley, I slowly made my way to them. They quickly pulled back out of view and when I came around the corner they were huddled closely together, the poor kids shivering.

I took off the sash I was wearing and wrapped it around them, the material very thick and expensive. I was given it by His Highness for being an amazing servant and it was always too thick for my taste. I then grabbed two pieces of bread out of my basket full of food that was for His Highnesses harem.

Why must I just be a simple lowly servant? Why can't I be important like all those fake prostitutes that are always around him?

I'll have to go without eating, but that's fine if they get fed today.

They coward away from my hands, but when I showed the bread, they grabbed each with haste.

"T-Tank you, ma'am." One said and both bowed.

"Yes, thank you." The older looking one said. "May Lakshmi be looking down on you."

I placed a kiss on both their heads.

What sweet, beautiful children.

I said goodbye and was on my way back home.

When I walked in, I was greeted by my best and only friend in this place, Aashi.

"Where have you-?!" Her voice was hushed and then cut off by Prince Soma's.

"Ama, there you are!" He sounded a bit angry. "Where have you been?" Asking the question Aashi was going to.

"I-I'm sorry your Highness it took longer then expected." I got on one knee and held the bread up in the basket. I didn't dare look up at his beautiful face.

"Where is your sash?" He asked and I felt a lump for in my throat.

How am I gonna explain this?

"Your Highness." I began and put the bread to the side. I slowly rose, giving a nervous chuckle. "I... I..."

"I don't have all day." He complained and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I gave it to two little, starving, freezing orphans." I said a bit louder then intended. I looked up at him, somehow finding courage. "I'm sorry your Highness, but I would do it again."

Sir Agni whispered something in his ear which made Prince Soma's face go red.

"Not here, Agni!" He growled, looking like a child as his hair was ruffled by the white haired man.

I only giggled.

"Soma!" Abha yelled. She's the prettiest out of all the girls in his harem. "Come back, I miss you." The way her skirt hung off her hips made me envy her for I didn't have the luxury of dressing up for my Prince.

"I'll need to talk to you later, Amaterasu." I just nodded and looked away. "Go with Agni and start dinner." I quickly nodded and picked up the basket full of bread, spices and the other things needed.

I followed Agni down a corridor and into the big kitchen.

"The Prince is not angry with you." He said as we begin preparing the meal.

I couldn't tell honestly.

"He really appreciates everything you do, Ama." I felt a small smile find its way to my lips. "As do I."

"I don't do much." I whispered and grabbed out the spices he asked for.

"You do more for the Prince than you must realize." I just shrugged.