5

(Shawn's POV)

Lunch was over and now I had study hall. I was glad that I had Mr. Moore. He was one of my favorite teachers and doesn't really care what we do, as long as we finished our work. Me and Brian walked in. It was just us in this class out of my friends. There wasn't even any of Laura's group. We grabbed two seats in the back and started talking about random stuff.

     "So, dude, what's up with you and Alexia? You kinda iced her out earlier," Brian whispered. 

     "Well, honestly, it feels different now. I haven't admitted this to anyone not even myself, but I don't think I love her anymore. I don't think I ever did. Maybe I liked her a lot, but I really don't know anymore. I feel like the only reason we really began in the first place was because of pressure. I don't want a relationship like that."

     Brian looked at me in awe and surprise. "Well how are you gonna tell her?"

     "I don't know," I shook my head and put my head in my hands.

     "Hey I know what would cheer you up! What if I have a party on Friday? We can invite as many people as you want! It'll be great!" Brian shook my shoulder.

     I smiled at him. Leave it to Brian to make partying a solution to everything. "Why don't we pass a note around class to tell everyone about it?" I suggested. I looked around, and that's when I realized that we were sitting one row behind Summer and her friend - me behind her friend and Brian behind Summer. I don't think she had noticed I was behind her. Otherwise, she might have run away already. 

     "I mean, I was thinking just our friends but if that's what you want, let's do it!" Brian looked unsure. We scribbled this on a post it note:

Party at my house Friday. Come at 7:00. 

*address*

Brian Craigen

Pass this on

I passed it to the kid next to me and watched it as it went around the room. As it reached Summer's friend, I saw Summer
lean over to read it. She frowned, but her friends face lit up. 

     "We are so going!" I heard her say.

     "No Isabel, you can go, but I am so not going," Summer shook her head. Well, now I knew her friends name.

     Isabel turned her voice down to a whisper so I had to lean in a little closer to hear why they were saying.

     "But Shawn will be there," she raised her eyebrows at Summer. 

     "Yeah, another reason why I shouldn't go," 

Summer smiled weakly at Isabel. 

     I almost fell off my chair. They turned around to see what the noise was so I started talking quietly to Brian, pretending that I wasn't paying attention. I heard Summer and her friend gasp, but then the bell rang. They rushed out, quietly arguing. Brian left and I slowly gathered my stuff.  What had I just heard?