7

(Shawn's POV)

Over the weekend, I almost completely forgot about the party. I was going to break up with Alexia on Monday, and I needed to figure out what to say. Alexis was an amazing person and I didn't want to hurt her, but I didn't want to be in a fake relationship. 

     No matter how hard I wished it wouldn't, Monday came, right on schedule. I nervously texted Alexia to meet me at the side of the building before school started. I wanted to get it over with. When I arrived, she was already there, probably because I had walked super slow.

     "Hey," I said quietly trying not to look her in the eyes. 

     "Hey?" Alexia looked very confused. I couldn't blame her.

     "Listen, I just need to say this. Something has changed. I don't think this," I gestured between us, "is meant to be. I'm so sorry, you just deserve someone who really loves you." Alexia looked sad, but there was something else there, something I was surprised to see - understanding. 

     She sighed. "I know, I can feel it too. Actually I've felt it for a long time. I was just too afraid to admit it." She took my hands in hers. "Thank you."

     "But I hope we can still be friends?" 

     She smiled. "Of course, that sounds great." I hugged her. We walked together into school, and it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my chest. I was free. I was feeling really good, until I saw Summer. She had a red bruise on her face where the man had slapped her, and she had a slight limp. I admired her strength, she must have been so scared and upset, yet she was still laughing and talking with her friends as if nothing had happened. But I could see it in her eyes, she was hurt. I wish I had gotten inside earlier, and punched that kid in the face before he could hurt her. It was after school that I saw her, talking with her friends. Part of me wanted to go up to her and ask if she was okay, or give her another hug, but I didn't want to make it anymore awkward between us than it already was. I was pretty sure she knew that I had heard her and Isabel talking in study hall, and that's why she was so nervous around me at the party. There was something about her that made me want to get to know her better. I didn't know what it was, I was just attracted towards her. I started to notice her everywhere, when last year, I didn't even know who she was. 

     "Shawn you've been staring over there for like 5 minutes. Either you're so tired that you're falling asleep with your eyes open, or you're looking at a person," Brian waved his hand in front of my face and interrupted my thoughts.

     "What?" I snapped my self out of it and turned to face Brian. He was squinting his eyes in the direction where I was just looking.

     "Ohhhhh, I know. Someone has a little crush on that junior girl from the party. Well, I don't know about you, but I think her friend is pretty cute." Brian teased.

     "What? No! Brian, I just broke up with Alexia, and we only just met a few days ago." I quickly defended myself.

     "Yeah, but a few days ago, you were also holding her in your arms and stroking her hair," Brian smirked. "It's okay, your secrets safe with me."

     "Wha- I- but-," I stumbled, and scowled at Brian. "I'm going home." I grabbed my bag and walked to my car. I got in and turned the music up really loud, trying to drown out the millions of thoughts running through my head.

I had a lot of time today, so here's another chapter! Hope you like it!