[Chapter 1]

"Aaaaand . Done!" I yell closing my song writing journal.
I've been writing for 3 hours straight, and mama needs herself some Hot Cocoa. Not coffee, coffee's ew!

I stuff my journal into my backpack and exit my tent.
Ive lived in Cali my whole life, but I've never been a city girl, I know, weird right? I'm more of a rural, quiet, and spiritual kind of girl.

I built a tent here in witches forest when I was 12, I got into song writing and the city was too noisy and made it harder for me to write. So I grabbed my bike and rode around the town to find someplace else to relax.
I ended up here, in witches forest, where I built my own tent out of sticks and a bed sheet. It's been my go to place since then.

I walk over to my bike and put my backpack in the little consul. I hop on, and take off.

I always found this forest so peaceful. I know people assume it's haunted, and that they say they hear ghosts and demons.
But I hear nature, and all of its beauty.
I look around at all the life around me. Tree's flowing in the wind, insects making their way in life, deer grazing on dewy grass, and birds building their nests to rest in.
This place will always be my home, at least... my second home.

Then after all that, there's my big apartment. Not small,not cozy, just... big. Don't get me wrong it's amazingly beautiful! But when you live alone in a house this big, you kinda hope it was smaller.
Your probably wondering why I live in such a big place right? Well you see I'm a singer.
I have been since I was 17, I'm 20 now.
I have a following of 40 million, ik it's a lot, but I don't do it for the fame. I do it for the feeling, the feeling of being free. Singing makes! Me feel free, like I can say what I want all through a song.

Whether it's sad, or happy!, or angry music. Music speaks to all of us.

I set my stuff on the counter and plop down on the couch.
"Ughhhhh....... OH! CoCoa!" I yell!

I jump upwards and run to the kitchen and sit down
"Hi lily!" I greet my house maid, and best friend
"Oh hi Layla! I didn't know you had come back already? I thought you would be out in those woods all night"
I laugh "I wish, uuuuh no! I finished my song, and needed a hot cocoa" I respond
She nods and opens the fridge "half or full cup?" She asks

"Full" I respond quickly

She nods and takes out the milk "so you want to share the song with me?" She ask
"Idk..."
"Oh plsssss"
I giggle "ok, but only because your my best friend" I respond, taking my journal back out of my bag
I walk I've to the piano, and set up my music sheet
*play song above*
*Listen😌*

"Whoa! That's sounded amazing! What's it about?" She asks as she sets my mug of hot cocoa on the counter for me
I sit down and take a sip "it's about someone who accidentally falls in love."
"Well that sounded amazing. It defiantly gonna be a huge hit! It's so real, and has so much meaning. And I bet A lot! Of girl can relate" she says, with a little laugh
I nod " unlike me" I mumble

"You'll find someone. Trust me" she reassures me.
I smile "Thanks lily. And! Thanks for the cocoa! It's amazing" I say excitingly taking another sip
She laugh "your welcome, and its my job.".
I laugh and nod "I plan on going back to the woods tomorrow. There's gonna be a full moon and I love seeing them. They remind me there's more behind this Boring world. Maybe even magical" I say

"Yeah you may be right" she reply's, taking a seat next to me.

"Ok well I'm gonna go to bed." I yawn

She laughs and nod "ok, goodnight Layla" she says
"You too" I respond, standing up and walking over to my room.

I put on pajamas and plop down onto my bed.
I yawn one more time, before drifting off into a nice, peaceful, and deep sleep.