[Chapter 28]

(A/n: thought I'd post early🤪)
I'm waken up by my alarm. I groan and hit snooze.
I rub my tired eyes before getting up from my bed and getting dressed(⬆️)
I walk out of my room to see Colby on the couch asleep. His face looks red from tears? I'm guessing.
I sigh and continue to make my way to the kitchen.
I made my self some pancakes and made sure to make an extra plate for Colby with a nite saying

"I'm sorry about our fight. Truce?"

I set it on the counter and make my way out the door.
I send a quick text to The girls group chat saying what time the performance is and how their gonna get there.
Well... let's see how this day goes

————————————-

*colby's pov*
*last night*

Layla stormed off to her room after our fight. I'm not gonna lie, I am jealous of Cole. They way he looks and talks to her, he obviously likes her. And I have a feeling she might like him back.
I wouldn't blame her tho... he is very attractive. And much! More attractive than me.
And that's where the problem is. It's because he's better than me in every way: how can I can't compete!?

I groan and throw a vase at the wall

"Colby calm down!" Corey yells.
I shake my head and continue to throw random things.

I feel someone grab me by the shoulders

"Look Colby, I understand you don't like Cole, and that your jealous. But you need to calm. Down" Liza says
I pull away from her grasp, I walk over to the couch and sit down
"Now I'm the reason we're fighting" I mumble, putting my hands to my face.

I feel a dip in the couch next to me, I look up to see Sam.
"You like her a lot... right?" He asks, I nod.

"Then you need to make your move. Don't waste time" "but she likes Cole" "how do you know that" "because it's obvious! He's better than me in every way "and anyone would be happy to be dating you... now you need to make your move now. Or else you may lose her"
I nod "yeah, ok... tomorrow" he nods.

———— back to morning————

I wake up to the sound of a door closing and the smell of pancakes.
I sit up and stretch my arm before standing up and walking to the kitchen.
What I didn't expect to see was a plate of pancakes with a little note.
It read "I'm sorry about our fight. Truce?"

I smile and set down the note before shooting Layla a text

"Truce🙂"

I smile and set my phone down. I eat my food and put on a fresh pair of cloths before walking out the door and calling an Uber.
If I'm going to ask Layla out, I'm going to do it right.

The Uber arrived and takes me to my first destination.
I get off the car and make my first purchases
Hot cocoa, movies, and a stuffed animal.

Ok now we need something to do. I go online and look up some fun places to go. PERFECT! I write done the address of the place.
I get a call and pick up

"Hello?" I say In a cheerful voice
"Colby? Where'd you go?" Sam spoke
"Ok hey Sam! Well I am currently shopping."
"For what?"
"I'm taking your advise"
"Oh well great! What are you planning?"
"I'll tel you when I get back"
"Ok then. See you soon!"

I hang up and continue my walk. I soon make it to a mall strip and look for Hot topic. I need a new outfit for tonight.

I buy my outfit and make my way back home.
When I get back I set all the Bags on the counter
"Oh hi Colby!" Someone says from the couch. Cole..
Everyones on the couch, now looking at me.

"Ummm hi..." I say slowly walking over to the couches.
I sit next to sam "what's he doing here!?" I whisper.
"Sorry but we all wanted to hang out. And I didn't know you were gonna he back so soon" he whispered back.
I groan "so Cole. What brings you here" I say, faking a smile.
"Oh well I thought that since I'm friends with Layla now, that I should also be friends with y'all" he says.
I mentally roll my eyes. Great.

"Ok well... how about we all go somewhere?" Jake say "let's all go explore Australia!"
Everyone agrees besides me "I think I'll stay back. I need to... edit my video"

"Ok" Cole says standing up and grabbing his beanie off the couch. Everyone stand up from their seats and follows Cole out the door.
Sam sends me a sympathetic smile before closing the door.
I groan and slide off the couch and onto the floor, where I stare at the Ceiling. Well he just stole my friends for a day. Great.

You know what it's ok... I'm going to be ok with it. For Layla.

————————————

The door swings open and in comes everyone, laughing like maniacs.
"AND THE LOOK HE GAVE US WHEN WE THROUGH THE FRY AT HIM WAS PRICELESS!!!" Sam yelled, laughing.

He looks at me and clears his throat "hi Colby" he says formally.
I shut my computer "hi"

He looks at me awkwardly before Cole speaks up "OMG!!! Remember when the kangaroo kicked Corey for humping on him!?" Everyone burst out laughing one more
"LIKE BRO!? That sh*t hurted!" Corey yelled, resulting in even more laughter.
I roll my eyes and walk over to the fridge searching for a Red Bull
"Does anyone know where the red bulls are!?" I ask

No response. Just laughter. I groan "GUYS!"

They all look at me "Red Bull's!?" I ask.
"we kinda drank them all" Kat says with a grin, before laughing
"Obviously" I mumble, shutting the fridge.

A timer goes off in my phone "oooooh guys! It's time to start getting ready for Layla's performance!" I cheer.
They all look really guilty "yeah about that" Tara starts "We kinda made plans"

"What?" I say baffled.

"Yeah.. Cole told us about this really cool trampoline park and we're all gonna go check it out!" Liza says in a cheerful tone.

I stare confused.. they wouldn't do that to Layla... they always come to her performances?
"But what about Layla?"

"Oh she'll be fine! We'll go to her next one" Dev says like it's no big deal
I roll my eyes "fine" and with that I walk to Layla's room and quickly get changed.

What is up with them?