[Chapter 17]

*Layla's pov*

It's been a week since my interaction with the so called Colby.
And tonight's my initiation for being queen. And I am excited! According to David tonight I'll Bring Light to the cave, I honestly don't know what that means but,we'll see.
Apart from that I've learned all of my powers. They all rely on a steady mind, which I have. So it wasn't that hard. The only actual! Hard one is mind control.
For that one you need to have a mind set, good or bad. Without it you could lose the others mind and leave them blank.
Buuuut I sill got it, I mean when your destiny is being Bad it's not that bad.
"Layla!" Liza calls from the other room. I put down my journal as she walks in.
"Since tonight's the you know, initiation, I was kinda hoping we could go out"
"Like what? For drinks?" I ask
She thinks "how about bowling? It's fun and chill!" She says, I smile "yeah, sure ok! Give me a few minutes to get ready"
She nods and leaves the room.
Huh, I haven't been bowling in forever!
Buuuuut I should probably hire security, I don't feel like getting trampled by people.

I put my out fit on
And grab my things.
Oh wait!
I run back to my nightstand and grab my crystal necklace.
Cant for get that!
I put it on and feel that normal rush of energy, I've learned to ignore it.
I met up with Liza back at the main room and we snuck out.
It's actually pretty simple now that I've gotten the hang of the whole mind power thing.
We get in the car and take off.
We stop at a gas station and she get off "I'll be right back, I got to get money out" she says, I nod and continue scrolling through insta.
*Liza's pov*
I'm suppose to meet up with Colby here... buuuuut he's not here?
"Hey" Someone says from behind me.
It's Sam
"Oh hey. I thought I was meeting Colby?" I question. He nods "yeah about that. Lily, Layla's bff, kinda is holding him hostage until we can show her that Layla's safe... and if we don't then she's calling the cops"
I stare in awe.
This is gonna ruin the whole plan!
"Ugh... Umm. You know what.. I have a plan"
*Laylas pov*
Liza returns.
"What's took you so long???" I ask. She shrugs "the machine was acting up" she giggles, I nod.
"TIME TO BOWLLLLLL" I cheer, and she joins in. Now we were both belting out lyrics to my new song.
Oh yeah! My new song, War of hearts, is doing amazing! It's still trending!
"I CANT HELP BUT LOVE YOUUUU EVEN THOUGH I TRY NOT TOOOOOOOooooo!" We sing
She turns off the car as we arrive at the bowling alley.
My security guard is already here and waiting.
"You Umm. Hired a security guard?" She asks. I smile and nod "what would you prefer I buy out the entire place" I joke. She laughs and nods.
"Ok let's gooooo" I yell, grabbing her and as we run in

We've been playing a few games and it's almost time for us to leave

"Hey you ready to go?" I ask.
"Yes, But first I need to use that lady's room. Can you wait outside for me?" She ask.
I nod before she runs off to the restroom.

Me and Luca, my security guard, walk outside the bowling alley and wait for Liza.
I hear a muffled noise come from behind me and turn to see Luca on the ground unconscious
I gasp, right before a rag goes over my mouth... knocking me out. Instantly.

———————

I wake up, tied to a chair.
"What do you mean she's a werewolf!?" Someone yells from behind me. I'm still out of its and can barely make out what anyone's saying.
"I mean——— it's hard———— that's why" ugh what are they saying.
"It's already been 2 hours——- 6 more" I hear.

Ok... ok I'm good. Now to get out of here.
"She's awake!" Someone yells before they all rush to me.
And I'm face to face with Colby once more.
"Y'all made a big! Mistake bringing me here" I yell
"Look we had to" Colby responds "trust me you'll thank us later" he says. I roll my eyes "you do understand I could just turn and rip you limb from limb right?" I ask
"Actually you can't..." the blonde says "those ropes that are binding you, are actually vines from y'all cave. Liza says they have magical properties that keep you from turning"
I try to turn, he's right.
"Well why am I here?" I ask, "Wait did you say Liza!?"
She appears from behind me
"You helped them!?" I yell "after all we've been though!? You turn your back on me!? Why would you do that!?" I yell at her
"I—- I had to ok!?—- t-to project you"

"You said that your old friends were horrible and untrustworthy people!! Well looks like things have turned... now have they!" I yell.
A tear falls down her cheek, and she runs out the door.
"Look Layla... I don't care what David did to you... the Layla I know wouldn't hurt her friend" Colby says.
"Well good thing I've changed, Colby"I say,  yanking my hands trying to get free.
we glare into each-others eyes before  He grunts and walks away.
I sigh and lean into my chair.
"Layla?" Someone says from beside me. I turn to see a short girl with brown hair and gold streaks.
"What" I say.
"Hi, I'm Tara. I know you probably don't remember me... and that fine, I understand. But I just wanted to show you something" she says kindly, as she pulls out her phone. And shows me a few pictures.
Each of them is of me and the people who are here, all goofing off and laughing.
"I'm not asking you to remember me. Cause I know you can't... but I do want you to trust us.  You may not know it.. but we are trying to help you" she says in the same kind voice.
I smile, I feel kinda at ease.

She returned a smile before walking off and sitting with, who I'm assuming, is her boyfriend.

I look over and see Colby sitting on a chair, writing something in a journal.

"What you writing?" I ask, trying to trust what Tara said.
He looks over to me and smiles slightly.
"Just some lyrics I'm working on"

"Can I see?" I ask

He smile and nods.

Ok maybe he won't be so bad...