[Chapter 35]

Jake, Tara, and Liza decided to stay back to watch over Colby and Layla to make sure David doesn't try to abduct any of them. Though I know the only one he wants is Layla, and to be more specific, her power.

"The Lake should be around here" Corey says looking at the image Tara had sent him

"Wait.. I think I see it!" Dev yell's pointing to a small clearing.

We all Run towards it, and sure enough there was a huge Lake

"Kat?'

"Way ahead of you" she says, closing her eyes and lifting up the water, creating a passage way for us to walk through

"H-hurry up. This water's r-really heavy" she says.

We all nod and run out into the lifted lake.

"Split up! We'll cover more ground!" I yell, running in the opposite direction of The group.

I hear a series okay's As I walk I stare at the ground.

Ok if there were going to be crystal's then they'd have to be in the Coldest part of the Lake.. So probably in the deepest.

I make my way to a huge indent in the surface that fell really! deep.

I teleport to the bottom and land wobbly on the ground.

"Sam!" Kat yelled "I can't hold it much longer!"

"Ok! Hold in there!" I yell back

I'm now in a sprint, trying to cover as much ground as possible.  As I run i look everywhere. Around boulders, under sea plants, even the sand.
I spot something Shining in the distance.. Could that be it?
"SAM!" Kat yell's

I ignore her and run as fast as I could to the glowing soarse
"Sam! Cole's Here!" she yells.
"Sh*t" I mutter, running faster.

I can see them! There's a black crystal and a Blue one! Those Have! To be it.

I hear splashing coming from above me, still running, I look up to see the water coming down.

I jump and Grab the Crystal's right as the water hit. The pressure weighing down on my body.

I hold them in my hand and swim to the surface. Though i'm in the deepest part of the lake and I can't teleport underwater.

My ears pop and im almost out of air. No. I'm not giving up, I need to save Colby and Layla.

I use every thing I had in me and swam as hard as I could to the Surface. When I finally make it I immediately teleport to the hard ground.

I start coughing up water and I lay on my back.

A pair of feet appear in front of me and I look up to see Cole smirking at me.

"C'mon hand them over" he grins

I shake my head "no way" is say, breathing

"David?' he says  .

"Sam!" Kat yelled

Suddenly a strong force pulls me upwards and The crystal's rip through my skin.

"AHHHH" I scream, unable to grasp my slashed hands

"Thank you very much" he smiles, David releases me and I fall to the ground with a loud thump.

"Ahh" I hiss, grasping onto my hands.

Kat tries running to me "no! Stay back!" I yelled to her, she stopped in her tracks.

"yikes" Cole starts, kneeling down to my level "sorry about your hand. On the bright side, you did retrieve my precious gems for me" he smiles.
I glare at him. "what? gone mute?" he laughs
"no" i reply, slowly standing up"quite the opposite really" I say, morphing into a wolf and pouncing on Cole.

The crystals fall from his grasp, which gave me just enough time to snatch the and throw them to Corey.

I bark, just as Cole morphed as well and attacked me. Corey, along with the other's, run into the woods. peace runs over me, realizing their minds are safe,

But then I notice David was gone as well. I faac back to Cole, noticing his eyes were glowing a bright green.. uh oh.

I become disoriented, and start wobbling around. Cole turn's back to human and stares me down "don't make me take your mind as well" he warned, as i fell to the ground.

I growl at him as another struck of Dizzyness hit.

david appeared next to him "they got away" he says. I relax... they got away.

"what are You gonna do with him?" David asks. I turn back to Human and take deep breaths, trying to gain focus back.

"blackmail?" David suggests

"nah.. Lets leave him here.. or better yet, in the water" Cole grin's, hitting me with another dizzy spell.

"no" I say in a ghostly whisper "don't"

Cole laughs "begging? are we?". I slowly nod. he laughs again "though might I say. Seeing you suffer is really fun, especially the begging part. But sadly you are of no use to me" he says "so your time is up"

David turns hybrid and lifts be into the air and Over the deep part of the Lake. "have fun in Hell" he laughs. dropping me into the freezing water.

I struggle, trying to reach the surface. But I'm just too weak.

Everything's spinning.. and i can't see.. I'm just so...Tired......

*Corey's Pov*

We lost David awhile ago, and are finally getting back to the hotel.

We run up to our room and burst through the door. "where are they!?" I yell. "still in their room! did you find them!?" tara responds.

I nod, entering the room

"where's Sam!?" Jake yelled.

"stayed back to fight off Cole and David! but we'll worry about him later!" I yell "first we need to return Layla and Colby's mind's"

"so we just break them?" Dev asks.

I nod.. smashing the crystals on the ground, and watching them shatter into pieces