[Chapter 13]

*Layla's Pov*

David guided me through the woods and we ended up at this big wall of vines.

I stare at it Confused."where are we?" I ask, examining the
long strips of green that hung from the bare rock.

"a place only we can get into... NightStone" he says. he focuses straight ahead at the cold rock, carefully paying attention to the little movement it made. Suddenly the wall starts shaking, tiny cracks barely visible in the rock were now spreading apart. He's using his telekinesis, man I gotta learn how to control it...

The rocks were now all flying in mid are, with a slight glow of black around them. He made an entrance "cool" i simply respond. "don't worry ill show you how to do that, very soon" he smiled and guided me in. A drop of temperature sent shivers down my spine.

"how long has this place existed?" I ask, looking around at all the small glowing crystals that filled the bare walls. "ever since we had to flee, so about 60 years?' he questions himself, I nod "wait.. 60 years!? but you-" "yes I know, i look great" I smirk and roll my eye's. "The crystals here radiate energy, meaning when we use ours it's instantly reduced, in other words we stay young" he explains.

We make it to a big cave area. there, a big throne made of crystals

"How come it's empty?" I ask, looking around at the big open area"Just give them a second, they can be shy" he saysAfter a few seconds the room is filled with black smoke, and wolf like figures appear

"Just give them a second, they can be shy" he says
After a few seconds the room is filled with black smoke, and wolf like figures appear.
As the smoke clears the Figures become more clear.
Nightwings... just like me.

I smile, and wave slightly
"Guys! This is Layla, y'all a queen" David says with a big smile on his face.
They all turn, now I can see the the smiles they had on.
"Ok Layla this is Heath, Zane, Matt, Jason, Scotty, Todd, Liza, Kristin, and Corinna." He introduces me
I flash them each a smile.
"Omg it's great to meet you!" Corinna says as she gives me a hug, Liza just stays quiet and has a smile on. I can tell she's shy. "Hi I'm Kristin, Scotty's girlfriend" she says in an excited tone. "I'm Jason, the old guy" he jokes, making me laugh
"Omg were gonna be bff's!" Heath and Zane yell "JINKS!" I laugh.
"Hi I'm the civil one out of these creeps" Matt says as he shakes my hand "noted" I laugh.

Weird, I imagined these people to be more... scary? Fierce? Intimidating?
You know what I don't know, I just wasn't expecting this

"Ok well, Corinna, Liza, Kristin, y'all want to show her around?" David asks, they all nod and drag me away down another passage way.
We ended up at another big room, with giant burns and gashes on the walls.
"Whoa, where are we?" I ask looking around
"This is our training arena. Thought we don't use it often it's always here-" Kristin explains, I just nod as she continues to explain.
Suddenly I get a dark feeling in my stomach, not like 'IM EVIL!' Kinda feeling. More of a 'somethings coming' kinda feeling.
"WHERE IS SHE!?" Someone yelled from the main area where we were before.
I get curious and me and the girls return back to the crystal cave, hehe I have it a name.
We peek our head around the corner and I see... Colby? And the guys?
I emerge and they instantly see me.
"LAYLA!" Colby yells.
David whips his head over to me and his eyes returned to the glowing red shade they were before.
"W-Who are you?" I ask, totally confused
"W-whats do you mean?" He says worryingly "it's me Colby, and Sam and Jake and everyone else" he says
I stare confused.
He looks back to David with a hard glare
"What did you do to her you bastard" he growls
"Oh I did nothing... I just told her the truth" he says "now if ya'll excuse us, we will like to kindly ask y'all to leave" he says with a smirk.
Colby? I think it was? Turned into a wolf form and growled at David, getting ready to pounce.
I instantly turn and jump in front of him, growling loudly. Letting him know that 'he shouldn't do that'.
The black wolf instantly backs away, but not in fear. Well... in fear but not the kinda fear that made him afraid of me.
*colbys pov*
What is she doing?
I back away, in fear that I might hurt her.
I do a psychic imprint on her... what's that?
*Layla's pov*
Colby backs away and turns back into human. As do I, "leave" I demand.
He slowly nods and backs away out the entrance, but as he does that he turns and faces me. I give him a hard glare.
"You may not know me.. but I know you, and I'm not giving up just yet" then David closes the rock wall back up
I take a deep breath and release all the tenseness in me. I turn around and face David, he has a big! Smile on his face.
I return it.
As I walk away he speaks "Thanks". I turn around and walk backwards "no problem"
Then I returned to the girls
"Omg that was so bada**" Kristin and Corinna yell at the same time. Liza had a sorta scared look? I'll ask her about it later.
Right now I need to figure out who that guy was and what he wanted...