Chapter 3

Jack's POV:

We arrive at Merida's cave in about 10 minutes.

"Beat ya!" I call, elated. That is, until I feel a stinging pain in my left shoulder. I slowly sink down to the ground.

"Merida!" I hear Hiccup shout in horror. I look at me arm and it's bleeding like crazy. There's an arrow stuck in it.

I'm immortal: it won't kill me. It can keep me grounded for a few weeks, though.

I slowly lose consciousness, the voices muffling and eventually fading away into a dark silence.

Hiccup's POV:

"Merida!" She shot Jack!

"Hiccup! What are yu- don't tell meh yu new him!" I sigh.

"He's here on behalf of a very powerful group to ask for our help in a great battle," I say, figuring that, 'great battle' might interest her.

Sure enough, she looks up at me in interest.

"Great battle, eh? Well, let's jus' pull this lad right on in here," she says, grabbing Jack's foot and pulling, "and fix him all up."

I snort. As bad as this is, I know that he's immortal, so a part of me really wants to laugh. Merida glares at me.

Come help meh, yu wee dope." I jump up and drag his other foot with all of my might, but I can't make him budge.

"Oh, jus' bring his staff," she instructs me. I nod and go get it.

After sitting for forever watching Jack, I pull out his list. That's when I notice the 'comments' on the back.

"What's dat?" Merida asks me. I jump a little.

"Jack's list of who to get," I reply. She grabs it.

"Hmmmph. Intelligent, dragon rider." She lifts her eyebrow and smirks at me. I blush.

"Brave, head strong master archer," she reads for herself, brimming with pride.

"And who's this?" Rapunzel of Corona. Locked in a tower for her whole life! Lost princess. Magic glowin' hair!" At the last part, she jumps up.

"He need her hair soon, or he might die," she tells me. I laugh, and she glares.

"Do ya want him ta die?" She asks me. I just keep laughing, and Toothless joins in.

"That's Jack Frost. He could turn you to an ice cube using his staff, and is immortal," I inform her. She stands staring at me with her mouth gaping open. I stop laughing.

"But we still need to heal him. We can all ride Toothless," I suggest. She nods.