Chapter 8

Hiccup's POV:

"I have a plan." What am I saying? I don't have a plan! I try as hard as I can to say something, anything.

It's like- I'm being possessed or something. But how? We haven't even met Pitch yet!

All of the sudden I remember. My greatest fear: Failing my friends. Pitch can make your greatest fear come true!

But wait. Not always. What was that key they were talking about earlier? Think! I just can't remember. Like, oh, he can, unless you, oh, unless you what!

Just then, I notice something. It's Toothless! He realizes that something's wrong!

Usually, we communicate via some kind of telepathy. Toothless is actually the one that can do it. I just go with it.

Maybe he can talk to me even when Pitch is controlling me!

"Hiccup? What's going on?" I'm overjoyed to hear his voice in my head.

"Pitch is possessing me! Help!" I think frantically.

"On it!" He responds. Well, this will be... entertaining.

Rapunzel has noticed that something's off. She also seems to understand that Toothless is on edge.

Then, they look at each other and I realize: they're talking! Thank Thor! But then, she does something completely unexpected.

Jack's POV:

"I have a plan." You go Hiccup! You've always been the smart one.

He explains every detail. It's a brilliant plan! He's a genius!

I've never been terribly good at this kind of plan. Precise, you know. So I just decide not to think to hard about it.

All of the sudden, Goldie does something astonishing.

Merida's POV:

"I have a plan." Cool! As he explains it, I begin to get the feeling that something's off. He's acting a wee bit strange.

I notice something's up with Punz, too, just then, she steps foward to do something unbelievable.

Rapunzel's POV:

I'm listening to his plan. I haven't had time to officially 'bond' with Hiccup, but I just know that something's off with him. Pascal agrees with me.

I look around at the others. Merida looks confused, but she isn't doing anything. Jack is being a blind idiot, and hasn't even noticed. Then, I see Toothless.

I think that they're as close as me and Pascal are. Toothless sure looks worked up about something, so I must be right. Then, I hear some strange voice in my head.

"Pitch is controlling Hiccup. Please help him." I think it's Toothless. Telepathy? Too cool!

I look around at the others in disgust. Am I the only one here that ever does anything? I walk over to pick up my frying pan and then walk up to him.

"Rapunzel, what are you doing?" Hiccup asks me. The others stare at us in surprise. Now I know it's Pitch. Hiccup always calls by me nicknames.

"You were not invited to this discussion. Now please leave," I say to Pitch/Hiccup as authoritatively as I can. Then, I pull back and smack him in the face with my frying pan.