Chapter 4

Merida's POV:

We fly for a whole night without seeing a single sign of Rapunzel. Finally, we see a tower in the forest ahead.

"There!" I shout, pointing. Hiccup nods and steers Toothless toward it.

Frost still hasn't woken up.

Rapunzel's POV:

"Oh Pascal! I've baked and sewn and painted and played chess and knitted and swept and I just don't know what else to do!"

"How 'bout leavin' yur tower?" I hear a, Scottish, I think, girl's voice say from the direction of my window.

I gasp and grab the nearest object- a frying pan- running to the window. I look out and I see- a dragon! I scream.

I see a little guy put his head in his hands. They're riding the dragon.

"What do you want?" I ask, holding my frying pan in attack position and trying to sound tough. She gives me a, really? look and shakes her head.

"We've been chosen-" she begins, but the guy cuts her off.

"We've been chosen to save the world, and we need your help. But first, someone," he glares at the girl, "shot our messenger. Could you please let us in and heal him?"

Well... He was asking nicely, and I'd love to save the world, and maybe I could even see the floating lights! I clear my throat.

"As long as you won't cut my hair. How'd you know about it, anyway?" I respond slowly and suspiciously.

"He can tell you," the boy answers, landing inside (yes, Toothless is a bit squished).

I wrap my hair around their friend's wound and start singing.

Flower Gleam and Glow
Let your Power Shine
Make the Clock Reverse
Bring back what once was Mine

Heal what has been Hurt
Change the Fate's Design
Save what has been Lost
Bring back what once was Mine
What once was Mine

I stop singing, and his eyes slowly open and he groans.

"You said that kid's a princess?" He mumbles. I look at them inquisitively. He sighs.

"I'm Hiccup, son of the chief of Berk. This, is Merida, daughter of the King of Scotland." My eyes open wide and I try to curtesy. I end up tripping over my foot and falling on my face. Merida laughs.

"No need ta curtsy. I never do," she tells me, helping me up. She's really strong.

"Ooohh," their friend moans, standing up.

"Where are we?" Then he looks at Merida and jumps. We all laugh.

"Sorry about da shoulder," she apologizes.

"It's ok," he says with a shrug.

"How long has it been?" He asks.

"About a day," Hiccup replies. The white haired boy looks at him in shock.

"But, my shoulder is completely healed!"

"That would be me," I tell him. He looks me over. I still have my frying pan. He too gives a really? look.

"Where is my staff?" He asks Hiccup curiously. Hiccup tosses it to him.

"Are you going to introduce yourself?" I ask him accusingly. He smirks.

"Jack Frost at your service," he replies, faking a bow. Jack Frost?

"Ooohh! You are real!" I exclaim, hugging him. He seems shocked, like he doesn't know what to do. The others snicker. I let him go and step back.

"Now I trust you. So what do you want?" He smirks again.

"Santa has tasked me with taking you to him," his responds. We all stare at him in shock. Santa?!

"Ok," Merida finally says. I squeal.

"I'm in!" Hiccup shrugs.

"Why not?"