Chapter 11

Merida's POV:

I walk into Hiccup's room and his voice squeaks. I feel bad for the poor lad.

"Yu still workin' on yur voice?" I ask sympathetically as the others leave.

"Yeah," he replies, sounding a little stronger. I sit down next to him as he blushes. We remain silent for several minutes.

"Dat was sure a plot twist," I comment absentmindedly. He sighs, putting his head in his hands.

"There is no way I'll ever be able to anticipate his attacks. He's just too... Too... Too evil. And he knows us too well." I look at him sadly.

"We'll have a challenge," I agree as he slowly sits up with a grunt.

"I think I might be better now," he says quietly. I nod, and he leans heavily on my shoulder.

We are about to walk out to find Jack and Punz when a portal opens up out of nowhere.

We glance at one another in panic and confusion, but just stare in shock when Bunnymund falls out. We're completely speechless, but he's sure not.

"I'll bury him alive! I'll knot her hair up! I'll-" then he notices us and stands up. He smiles 'innocently' at us.

"Hey mates," he says nervously. I glance at Hiccup and he glances at me. Then, we burst out laughing. We laugh so hard that we almost fall onto the floor.

Bunnymund glares at us and stomps out in a huff. We manage to calm down, and head off again to find the others, who are most certainly responsible for this 'accident'.

We finally find them. They're lying on the floor, unconscious.

At first we're concerned, and prepare for battle. We bend down to examine them. Then, we start laughing.

Their eyes are red and they're soaked. They laughed till they cried, and then they cried themselves to sleep.

They definitely are the portal pranksters. More like Jack is. Punzie probably just went with it, as usual. We shake them awake.

"Wha- what's going on?" Jack mumbles. We laugh at them again.

"Yu need ta hide before Kangaroo finds yu. He's prapared ta kill," I inform them.

They jump up, and Jack looks terrified. Who knew? Jack's scared of Bunnymund!

Well... I probably would be too in his situation.

"Help us! I don't want to get stuck painting eggs all Easter again," he begs Hiccup and me. We look at each other and raise our eyebrows.

"Again?" Hiccup asks, voicing our thoughts. Jack glares at us. Rapunzel is just scurrying around, freaking out.

"C'mon, this way," I order them, leading the way. I take them to North's office and grab a snow globe.

"Yu'll beh safe here," I tell them. They nod, and walk through it.

"We'll come later," I add as they disappear. The portal closes, and Bunnymund rushes into the room.

"You did not just help them," he says threateningly, getting right in my face.

Hic tries to pull him away but, big surprise, fails. It was a good try, though.

"Actually, I helped yu," I say proudly. Hic gives me the, 'you did what?!' face, and I grin. Bunnymund still looks suspicious.

"Jus' tell them dat yu forced meh hand," I add.

"Where are they?" He asks me.

"Da Warren." Hic clearly can't believe that I ratted them out. And tricked them. Bunny on the other hand, pats me on the back.

"I owe you one," he says, tapping the ground twice and disappearing into a hole. Hic grabs my shoulders and shakes me with surprising veracity.

"How could you?" He stutters. I smirk. I show him my bow, which has a snowflake carved into it.

"Oh," is all that Hic can manage. At least the prankster hadn't done worse, like freeze all of my arrows. When did he even have the time to do such an intricate carving?