Chapter 12

Jack's POV:

We walk through the portal, and it closes. We're at the Warren! I facepalm.

"She must've found my snowflake," I mutter to myself. How stupid can I get? She is a good liar though. I'll give her that.

Goldie's having the time of her life. She's even singing. Singing! And rolling around, talking about the grass and the trees and the wonderful breeze, or something.

I shake my head and moan, falling onto my back. I'm soo dead. A few minutes later, the others come into view.

Just as Bunnymund and the other two walk up to us, a voice begins resonating loudly, echoing everywhere.

I didn't even know that it echoed in the Warren. That's when I realize. Pitch.

Hiccup's POV:

I can tell from Jack and Bunnymund's reactions that we are hearing Pitch.

"Oh, you brought Hiccup. How does it feel have your worst nightmare come true? Maybe you can help prepare the others for theirs," he eloquently taunts, materializing before me.

Before I can even respond, an arrow whizzes out of nowhere and strikes Pitch in his left shoulder.

He yelps in pain and disappears into the shadows as Merida comes up next to me.

"And just for that, you'll be next," Pitch hisses as he departs.

Merida seems to be honestly upset by his threat as we all begin to chatter about our first encounter with Pitch.

"It'll be ok," I whisper to her reassuringly. "We beat mine and we'll beat yours."

She smiles me her thanks before asking to go back to North's.

Bunnymund nods and opens up a tunnel for us. He stays behind, though. It's really fun: like a water slide almost (I know that he wouldn't know what a water slide is but...).

When we get back, we all gasp.