Chapter 16

Jack's POV:

I fly around Norway for a while. I've always loved Norway. So cold. It's actually known for its cold. My kinda place.

Eventually, I notice a little kingdom by a fjord.

They look like a place that should have snow, so I fly down to bless them with a bunch.

I smirk, and for the first time since that snowball fight with Lucy, I loosen up.

It wasn't that long ago, but it feels like it's been years. If this is what stress does to you, then my respect for Bunny has just gone up. A lot.

I relax and forget about all of my, 'Guardian problems'. I just do what I do best: freeze stuff in a mischievous manner.

I freeze an old man's mustache; clothes lines wherever I can find them; buckets of water; bags of groceries.

I finally find a group of kids in what seems to be their town square and begin a delightfully fun snowball fight. And these kids can aim!

They can't see me, but I'm used to it. And it's a really great fight, because nearly the entire town joins in.

Men, women and children of every age are laughing and playing in the snow together.

In all of my many years, I've never seen any thing quite so... Nice. It makes me smile as I watch their fun.

This, is what I'm meant for. Bringing fun and joy. Helping people to be like me.

But I can't do that for people when I'm stressed. I wish that someone besides Pitch would realize that.

That thought and a random girl with red hair remind me of why and what I'd left.

Oh my gosh! I have been gone for hours! Who knows what they might think has happened to me!

I freak out with 'ifs'. I calm down and dart off to the workshop to look for them, but they aren't there.

Where else could they be!

In desperation, I decide to check out Berk and Scotland, since that is where we were planning on heading.

I fly off at a speed faster than I've ever used. Well, about the same speed as when I left Pitch's lair to find Jaime, our last believer.

As the land comes into view, I try to block out all of the terrible possibilities.

Previously: That Morning

Hiccup's POV:

Goldie has waken up, and after our little exchange, I feel awful.

I can't brag about how great my nightmare was when theirs were worse than dying.

When Merida comes over, I immediately know that something is wrong with her.

"Where's Jack?" She asks suspiciously, looking around her like she's expecting to be attacked. I shrug and chuckle.

"My guess: he's setting up some miserable practical joke for us to blunder into."

"Yu sure?" She asks me, still reserved and suspicious.

"The last time I saw him was asleep last night. I'm sure he's fine."

She relaxes her shoulders, and looks a little bit more at ease.

I'm about to ask what's wrong, but bite my tongue.

If I know Merida, then that is the worst thing that I could possibly do right now.

Instead, I offer her some of the 'stew' that I have proudly made.

She raises an eyebrow, but accepts it, seeing how hard I worked on it.