Chapter 22

Merida's POV:

I wake up and immediately jump to get ready.

Today is the day that our plan goes into action!

In less than 10 minutes, I'm ready to go and practicing my aim. Not with my bow and arrow, I have perfect aim with those. It's the dark magic that comes from my hands that can get a bit unruly.

About 5 minutes after that, Pitch comes out, but I groan when I realize that he's barely awake.

After another 20 whole minutes go by, he finally comes out ready and begins to prepare for the assault on DunBroch.

Another 47 minutes after that, we're finally ready.

I mount my nightmare steed Arrow and gallop off to the front of the herd. Soon I find myself being lectured on how we need to, 'stay in a tight formation' and such.

Strangely, he doesn't sound like my parents though. His lectures aren't to teach me things that he thinks I should know to be better, they're to make sure that I don't interfere with his wellbeing.

I don't really care, though.

Pitch opens up a portal from a stolen snowglobe, and we all rush through.

I smirk at the thought of their faces when they wake up to a full scale war.

Jack's POV:

After a very long night of not sleeping, I decide to go wake up Hic.
I'm bored to death, and I really don't care if I interrupt his beauty rest.

I figured that Painful would be a hindrance, but he seems just as eager to wake up Hic and play as I am.

We both pounce on Hic, nearly killing him. He thus strongly protests getting up, but we insist.

Finally we drag him out of bed and Painful picks him up and carries him outside, where I make it snow.

He immediately demands a jacket. When I come back with one, he and Painful bombard me with literally hundreds of snowballs.

Painful is using his entire body to shove snow into me. They bury me in no time, and take my staff.

Without my staff, I can't do anything but stay here and whine and beg to be let out.

After a few minutes of my whining, they get bored and go back inside, leaving my staff stuck in the snow before me.

They insist that the snow holding me will, 'melt before anyone actually needs you'.

Thank goodness that Goldie notices the patch of snow out of her window.

"Ummm... Jack?" She's clearly realized that something's wrong, because there's my staff, the staff that I never let anyone else touch, just stuck there.

"Help meeee!" I call. I hear her giggle and close the window. A few minutes later I feel myself being released from the snow.

I fall to the ground, my body having fallen asleep.

"Thanks Goldie," I tell her. "I owe you one." She just grins and heads back in, shivering.

I melt the snow and go inside to get revenge on Hic and Painful.

Painful I soon find, in an amusing predicament. Hic has already punished him plenty.

He attached a sort of collar to him that has a stiff, bent wire going up on his head, curving toward his nose. On the end is a fish.

No matter what Painful tries, he can't reach the fish. I'm feeling nice and give him the fish, thus finally ending- possibly- our pointless hate.

I head into the dining hall and see Hic dining with the king and queen.