Chapter 7

Hiccup's POV:

We fly into the Pole through the skylight. The flight was awesome! Her hair blowing in the wind, her smile as we went through clouds... Why am I thinking this?

I'm jolted from my thoughts as Rapunzel storms out of the room.

"Uuuhh, dat was strange," Merida says, the air of concern and confusion in her voice demanding an explanation.

"I gave her a book on the lost princess of Corona," Jack explains slowly and quietly. We both immediately understand, thanks to those notes we read on Jack's list.

"I'll use some more of my glue," I say with a sigh. Merida looks at me in confusion a moment before understanding what I mean.

"Now go. Bond, just like you did with Goldie," I instruct. They both nod solemnly. I walk out into the room where the toys are made.

Who knew that the yetis made the toys and the elves were just wanna be pests?

"Rapunzel?" I call as I begin to search for her. "You wanna talk about it?"

"No," she says, her muffled, stuffy voice is coming from somewhere above me.

I look up and see that she has swung herself onto a ledge that overlooks the whole operation.

She's sobbing her eyes out as Toothless flies me up to her. There isn't room for him up here, so after I step off he lands below and curls up.

"It's ok-"

"No, it's not. If my own mother is using me like a pawn, then what is there to be said about my life that's ok?"

"You have a family and an entire kingdom that love you a lot," I comfort her. She looks up at me and sniffs, her eyes filled with tears.

"Then what should I do?" I gulp. What should I tell her?

"I think that you should help us fight Pitch. Then, we'll come with you to meet your parents and your kingdom," I suggest. Her face starts to light up.

"Would you?"

"Of course." Now, she's just plumb elated. And determined.

"Let's go knock Pitch's block off!" She declares as we walk back into the room in which Jack and Merida are.

They look at her in surprise, and give me looks that are sorta like a mix between, wow great job, and what did you do to her?

I just chuckle.

Jack's POV:

After Hiccup leaves to go, 'use more of his glue', we don't really know what to do.

"Soo, what can yu do exactly?" Merida asks me. I smirk, and she gulps.

I cover the entire floor in snow, and create mounds of it here and there. She's looking around impressed, and I take the opportunity to hit her in the back with a snowball.

"No yu didn't! I'm gonna get yu!" She yells, throwing a snowball at me. Hard. And she manages to nail me, despite my evasive maneuvers, starting a full scale war.

After a while, we declare a truce. I have met my match.

"Well Curly, I do believe that Hiccup will be pleased." She snorts, but I actually think that somewhere deep down, she likes my nickname.

"Yu never answered my question," she accuses. I laugh, and tell her all about me, being winter spirit, being guardian, even being human.

Hic heard my stories years ago, and I told them to Goldie this afternoon.

"Soo, who'll beh our leader?" She asks me, due to a lack of a better topic. I shrug.

"I vote me, and if not me then you, and if not you then Hic, and if no one else will, then Goldie," I respond. She seems pleased with my selection.

"I agree," she says, trying to sound haughty. I chuckle, surprised. She is ok with me as our leader?

"I think I win, then, cause Hic will probably go with it, and Goldie won't care."

Just as we finish our exchange, Goldie bursts in, followed by Hic.

"Let's go knock Pitch's block off!" Merida and I look at each other, and then at Hic.

"Well, what are we waitin' foe? C'mon!" Merida exclaims.

"Whoa whoa whoa. Calm down! We have to stra-ta-gize. Right Hic? Isn't just blundering in to defeat Pitch bad?" He smiles, and nods.

"I have a plan."