Chapter 35 - The Zoo

The next morning, Jen woke up in bed tangled up in the sheets next to Slash. London rested between the two adults, he'd come in at 3:00 am complaining that he had a bad dream (again), and the two just decided he could stay with them.

It was a calm Saturday morning, but she was already awake. She reached for her phone on the nightstand, grabbing it and propping herself up in the pillows on the massive bed. Both of her boys looked adorable sleeping! She gently leaned over London to give Slash a kiss on the forehead.

She'd only responded to a couple of texts before Cash appeared at the bedroom door. Peeking his big brown eyes in. Immediately Jen had to smile, and she made a "come over here" gesture to the little boy, waving him over.

He shuffled over, a blue blanket from his crib trailing behind him. Jen put a finger to her lips, hoping he would stay quiet. He nodded, and the older girl carefully picked him up, setting Cash next to her, between London and Slash, who were still sleeping.

"Good morning, Cash. Did you sleep well?" She whispered to him softly, hoping that he would mimic her soft voice.

Cash nodded, whispering back "What doing?"

"I'm on my phone."

"Oh." He considered this for a second before asking, "do you know how make breakfast?"

Jen bit back a giggle. "Yes, I know how to make breakfast. Are you hungry?"

He nodded. "Want cereal."

"Okay buddy, let's get you some cereal."

Jen picked him up, gently balancing him on her hip and taking him downstairs, hoping that London and Slash would sleep a little longer.

"What kind do you want, Cash?"

"Cheerios! That's my favowite!" Jen let out a little laugh as she poured him the cereal.

"That's my favorite too!"

"Really?" Cash looked so hopeful.

She nodded to confirm and the little boy got so smiley.

While Cash was a little distracted, she got a spoonful and put it up to his lips. He gulped it down eagerly. "Thanks Jenny, was hungry."

"You're welcome! Here, have another bite?" She gently pushed another spoonful into his mouth. She heard someone walking down the stairs, it had to be Slash, and she was super excited to see him.

"Good morning Daddy!" Cash shrieked happily as Slash came into view, right before Jen pushed more cereal into his mouth. He paused to chew, before hurrying over and hugging Slash by the legs.

Slash was immediately followed by London coming down to the kitchen, but he had insisted on doing it himself and didn't want to be carried.

"Good morning my love." Slash hugged his girlfriend from where she was sitting, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"Good morning baby."

While they each were feeding the boys cereal (London decided he wanted Lucky Charms), Slash whispered to Jen that he had been thinking about surprising the boys and taking them to the zoo today.

"Ooh I bet they will like that." Jen whispered to him, trying to keep the boys from catching on.

"What are you two talking about?" London interrupted, "I can see you you know!"

Both of the adults let out a chuckle, before the guitarist decided to tell them. "I was wondering if you guys wanted to go to the zoo today after we finish breakfast-"

Jen didn't think she had ever heard two little boys scream louder than they did right at that moment. Jesus Christ, she thought, what have we done?

Slash laughed at their reaction, putting his arm around his girl and leaning over to kiss her cheek. "Why don't you go shower and get all ready, I'll finish feeding these little maniacs."

She let out a giggle. "That would be great, I'll get ready while you feed them, and then we can start getting them dressed."

"Sounds perfect babe." Slash lowered his voice to a whisper, "Don't think about me too much in that shower, I wish I could be in there with you."

Her eyes went wide. "I wish you could too, maybe tonight?"

"I'd love that, now go on!" he gave her a swift kiss on the lips and she hurried upstairs.

An hour later, the small family was finally headed to the zoo.

Slash was driving, one hand on the brunette girl's thigh, one on the wheel. In the backseat, the two little ones were squirming with excitement. You can probably imagine how long it took to get them buckled in their carseats!

"I love you." The guitarist looked over lovingly at his girlfriend, squeezing her thigh gently.

Jen grinned, "I love you too."

He pulled into a parking space and immediately hopped out of the car, getting the stroller ready for the boys. They complained about using it sometimes, but they got tired of walking very quickly.

Jen helped the boys unbuckle, getting them situated in the stroller and they finally headed off toward the main entrance.

"What animals do you want to see munchkins?" Jen had adopted Slash's term of endearment for them, while her boyfriend paid for their tickets.

"Elephants!" Cash immediately blurted.

"Turtles. And the lizards." London kept his voice a bit calmer, but he had a smile from ear to ear and clearly he was just as excited.

"Good choices." Jen chuckled, pushing them through the entrance gates and then along the paved paths to get to the "Elephants of Asia Exhibit."

Slash put his arm around her waist and she gently leaned into him. "Thank you for taking me out today with the boys."

"Of course babygirl."

London and Cash were currently staring open mouthed at an elephant.

"It's so big," the younger boy observed, hopping out of the stroller to go closer to the fence.

London followed, completely silent in wonder.

"I want to touch it! Daddy can I touch it? I want to touch its ears!"

"No Cash! You have to leave the elephant alone, you can keep looking at it as long as you like though. " Slash gently reprimanded him while London giggled at his younger brother's antics.

"It does have very nice ears though doesn't it?" Jen kneeled down next to him and he nodded, nose and hands pressed against the fence.

A few exhibits later, Jen was already having so much fun. This was such a sweet date and it was rewarding to see the boys' faces whenever they saw a cool animal.

Slash pulled her into a hug while the boys were looking at the chimpanzees. "I hope you're having a good time babe."

"Of course I am!" She checked to see if anyone was looking, pressing a kiss to his cheek and then turning back to the boys.

"Is there anything you want to see Slash?"

He hesitated, "I really want to go see the snakes. As long as we can do that at some point I will be happy."

Jen laughed. "Well they are in the same building as the turtles according to the map, and London really wants to see those, so let's head over there next."

He put his arm around her waist again as they walked, getting more and more excited to see the snakes!

--------------

That's it for this chapter, but the next one will be a continuation. I hope you guys are still enjoying this and that you enjoyed the little fluff of them at the zoo. Sorry for being shitty about my posting schedule the past couple of weeks, I am on my college cross country team, and school just started so I have not had time to write!