Chapter 39 - Epilogue

*Two years later*

Thursday, July 5th, 2007

Whisky A Go Go, Hollywood LA, California

So much had changed in the next two years. Jen had graduated UCLA, but she had put her nursing school on hold to go on tour with Slash, it was just too good of an opportunity to pass up! London was turning five the next month and Cash was a little over three. The boys had grown up so much in the span of time they'd been together, it made Jen emotional to think about it.

The tour had started a while ago, she'd been there since the beginning, watching London and Cash, rooming in hotels with Slash, watching him perform every night. Even though she had seen it now so many times, his performances were always electrifying, and she loved sneaking off of backstage to go into the crowd and see him perform from the crowd's point of view.

This tour was full of smaller venues and the Whisky was the one they were at tonight, a popular bar in LA that she remembered Slash telling her about. It was a bar that he use to play at with Guns N' Roses way back in the day.

Currently, Jen was standing in the crowd, watching Scott sing into the microphone and Slash playing his guitar. God he was so sexy on stage. Every night she saw him perform was better than the last. The band was currently halfway through their set, the crowd was energized and screaming, and people were dancing. The vibe of the room was great, and the brunette just felt honored to experience it.

She had dressed up for tonight, and was dancing with a drink in her hand, just a beer. The moshing of the crowd was too much, so she hurried backstage, the guards letting her through because they knew who she was.

London was watching his dad onstage from a stool in the wings, hanging out, looking peaceful and content. For Cash, it was past his bedtime, so he was starting to get a little cranky. Jen balanced the toddler on her hip, taking him back to the band's small empty green room to keep him from getting fussy.

Duff had brought along his kids and his wife Susan, so she was backstage too. She gave Jen a wink before heading out of the room, a sleepy 7 year old Mae holding her hand.

Jen sat down on the couch, letting Cash sit next to her until the performance was over.

A while later, a gang of men and instruments tumbled into the small green room. Slash was talking to Duff, and it looked intense, but she couldn't hear what he was saying. It was probably something about the show. After putting his guitar away, the curly haired guitarist made a beeline for her, giving her a kiss on the head and then a hug.

He leaned in close to whisper to her. "Duff has agreed to take the boys for the night, I was thinking we could go for a walk around the venue and then have a date night at home?"

"Perfect." Jen couldn't help the grin on her face, alone time with Slash was the best thing ever.

Cash was already holding Duffs hand as the bassist headed out of the room.

"Where is London?"

"He's watching the sound guys take down their equipment, he has a real interest in that, and he is just observing them."

"Aw. Make sure Duff doesn't forget him!" The younger girl laughed.

"He will be fine, I'm sure he is in good hands, I just really want you all to myself tonight."

"Alright Slash, what do you have in mind?" Jen rose up from the couch, grabbing him in a hug.

He planted a gentle kiss on her neck, "I'm not sure, I just want to spend some time with you, maybe tell you some more of my old tour stories if you want to hear. Being here at the whisky for the first time in so many years, there are so many memories that I want to share."