Chapter 17 - Perla

Slash's Nokia phone rang loudly as he was cleaning the kitchen. He cleaned when he was stressed, especially since Jen was coming over in a couple hours and he wanted the place to be spotless for her.

"Hello?" He flipped the phone open pressing it to his ear.

"Hi Slash." It was Perla, her tone was clipped, she sounded angry at him. What could he possibly have done?

I mean he slept with Jen, but Perla wouldn't have known that-

"Hello? Are you there?" Perla's words yanked him out of his overthinking.

"Yes, yes sorry. What did you want to tell me?"

"Just that I'm outside and I have divorce papers for you, and I need to get my clothes and my stuff."

FUCK. She was here already?

"Ok, I'll be right down." The guitarist already felt himself choking back tears, trying to stop that from happening, god damn it. He didn't want Perla to know that this was affecting him at all. He hung up the phone.

"You know usually it's nice to tell people when you're on your way, before you just show up." He said, raising an eyebrow at his, technically now ex-wife, as he opened the door for her.

"It's my house." She shrugged. "And I see you haven't kept it clean."

"I'm doing the best I can Perla, I'm only one person taking care of two toddlers, while trying to record a new album."

She just scoffed in his direction, before turning around to inspect more of the house.

Slash felt a twinge of rage rise up within him at her actions.

"Who earns all the money Perla, it's not technically your house, it's mine that I chose to share with you." Slash kept his voice as normal and steady as he could. He didn't want to fight but she was getting under his skin.

"Whatever."

She handed him a bundle of papers that was an inch thick, her red acrylic nails standing out against the white and black of the type. "I'm going to get my stuff, then I'll be gone ok?"

"Okay." Slash agreed numbly. He noticed that she hadn't said anything about seeing the kids. It was like she didn't care about them.

As soon as she'd left, he broke down a little, how could she just be over him already? How could she be so coldhearted?

And most importantly, what the fuck had he even done to upset her so badly in the first place?

He wiped the tears roughly from his eyes, hoping that by the time she came back he'd be more composed.

Slash shrugged, walking upstairs, setting the papers on the counter, not worried about hiding them because neither Cash nor London were able to read.

The woman he once loved came down the stairs with a suitcase that was packed full and a box of perfume, scarves and shoes.

Slash kind of froze when he saw her. "Perla, I don't know what to tell the kids. Are you going to say goodbye to them?"

A strange expression flitted over her face, "Have they asked about me?"

"No, I just was wondering if you wanted to say goodbye." Slash shifted uncomfortably.

"No I'm okay. They must not miss me." She waved her hand in the air dismissively, and with some struggle, carried everything outside. The door slammed behind her.

Slash sunk down to his knees again. How was he going to be okay for band rehearsal in an hour? This woman was causing him so much agony, he couldn't even believe it.

"Just fuck."

He heard happy squeals from the playroom, the boys were in the next room over happily playing together for once. Thank god.

He just needed someone to talk to. Jen?

Oh fuck it, what did he even have to lose at this point, he'd almost lost everything.

He dialed her number and waited, on the fourth ring she picked up.

"Hey Slash." The bright voice on the other end of the phone instantly put a smile on his face, even if it was a weak one.

"Hey Jen."

"What's up?" Jen was rifling through drawers, trying to find something to wear that wasn't her pajamas and his shirt.

"I don't know, Perla came home today and got her stuff and gave me papers. I'm not upset about that or anything, but like, she didn't even want to see Cash or London and that, that really hurts."

"How could she just not want to see them? Slash that is really upsetting, I'm sorry." Jen felt a little current of anger run through her. How could this woman just leave Slash broken first of all, and then not even want to see her own children?

"That's just, that's just fucked up. No offense, but I don't think I like this woman."

Slash laughed, god, Jen always made him feel better.

"Well good thing you'll never meet her then, she's out of my life for real now."

"I'm glad to hear that Slash."

There was a pause. Jen had to ask the question she'd been wanting to know ever since they slept together.

"Hey Slash..."

"Yeah?"

"What was that, what does what we did together mean to you?"

The guitarist took a second to process her question. "What do you mean?"

"Like, am I just a one night thing to you, was that just a slip up, a mistake maybe?"

"Definitely wasn't a mistake. I don't regret it at all. It was really fun, don't ever feel like you are only in my life for sex, you are worth more than that to me." Slash admitted, blushing a little.

The brunette exhaled. "What exactly am I worth to you then?"

"I'm not sure yet, I haven't really come to terms with it, dealing with Perla and all that shit, you know. But I don't really know what the future holds and I still want you in my life and you are amazing with the kids, and that means a lot to me."

Ugh, how could she ever think that he wasn't a good guy. He wouldn't be the type to just use her. How did her mind even come up with that theory? Damn overthinking.

"Okay, that makes me really happy. I'll be over in a bit so you can go to rehearsal ok?"

"Okay, see you soon Jen."

"See you soon Slash."

-----------

Um so I can't stop writingg this even though I low-key feel like its shit and that you guys are going to get bored!! Let me know what you think, and more fun stuff/drama will happen soon!