Dia De Muertes

August Pov

"August!" Ashley Said Waking Me Up."What?" I Said Yawning And Rubbing My Eyes."I Have An Idea,Since Its October 31st How Bout We Celebrate Dia De Muertes?!" She Said As She Smiled Big."What The Hell Is That?" I Said.She Looked At Me In surprise And Said"You Never Learned About Dia De Muertes In Spanish Class?!" I Looked at Her And Said"I Use To Sleep In Spanish Class And Skip School." Ashley Laughed And Said"Well Dia De Muertes is Prayer and remembrance of friends and family members who have died." I Then Thought About It And Said"What Makes you Want To Do That?"Ashley Smiled And Said"I Wanna Do Something Different! Plus The Kids Have No Clue About Their Grandpa And Uncle.We Also Need To Pay Them A Visit." I Just Stared At Her And Realized How Important This Was To Her."Yea We Can Do That."I Said As I Sighed.Ashley Then Got On Top Of Me And Gave Me A Kiss."Thanks Baby"She Said Smiling Big. She then Got Off Me And Went To The Walk In Closet Searching For Something To Wear."Now We Not Doing Anything Crazy Like Raising The Dead ?" I Said As I Got Out Of Bed And Went In the Walk In Closet with Her.She Laughed And Said"Nooo Baby they Usually Make Altars with Food And The Dead Persons Possessions." I Looked At Her And Said"Ohhh,Wait Why Tf They Put Food On The Altar?" She Snapped Back And Said"Why Tf Kids Make Cookies For Santa Clause?" I Then Said"Ohh Because The Expect Santa To Eat It Just Like Mexicans Expect The Dead To Eat It.Ohhhhh"She Sarcastically smiled At Me And Said"Yeeaa Baby, But Were Not Gonna Do All That Stuff." As I Went through my Clothes I Said "Then Why Are We calling This Dia De Moretes Whatever Tf its Called,Why Can't You Just Say Lets Go Visit The Cemetery?"She Rolled Her Eyes And Sighed Saying" First Of All Its Called dia De Muertes And Were Doing This Because This Is The Day ...You Know What Were Just Visiting The Cemetery The Same Days The Mexicans Are." I Then Chuckled A Little Because I knew Ashley Was Getting Annoyed So I Said"Ohh That Explains A Lot." She Rolled Her Eyes And Said" Yep." We Then Went In Silence As We Got Dressed. She Then Went in The Bathroom And Did Her Personal Chores Then I Did The Same. Ashley Left the Room To dress The Kids And Get Them Ready. Once We Were All Ready We Got In Car and Drove To The Store To Get Some Flowers And Balloons.As We Drove To The Cemetery Ashlen asked"Where Are We Going?" Ashley Responded Saying" Were Going To The Cemetery To Visit Your Uncle Mel." The Kids Said In Unison "Uncle Mel?" I Nervously Smiled And Said"yea Uncle Mel,My Brother." Ashlen looked At Me Like I Was A Liar And Said" Why Is It That You're Just Telling Us About This Daddy?" I Just Thought To Myself Why Does She Have The Mouth Of Her Mother And Me?"Well Its Sort of hard For Me To Talk About Him Ma'am." I Said. "Oh Ok"Ashlen Said .We Then Made it To The Cemetery Where Mel Was Buried. Once We Made It There Were A Few Mexicans There.I Was Doing Fine Until The Kids Asked What Happened."Daddy what Happened To Uncle Mel?" Aiden Said As We Sat Around The Tomb."well Well your Uncle." I said As Ashley Came And Rubbed My Back,Knowing That I Was gonna Probably Break Down Crying.As I Struggled To Talk I Said" He Was Shot." A Few Tears Came Down My Face.Ashley Then Wiped My Tears And Gave Me A Hug."Don't Cry Daddy" Ashlen said As They All Gave Me Hug."well We Know He's In A Better Place Thats All That Matters." Ashley Said As She Gave Me A Kiss. I Then Fixed Myself Up And Ansley Said"Balloons" So We Got The balloons And Let Them Go Causing Them To Go In The Air. As I Looked Up At The Balloons Ashley Wrapped Her Arms Around Me.I Then Looked down At Her And Gave Her a kiss.We Sat The roses Next To the Tomb.Aiden Then Put His Favorite Toy Car Next The Tomb."aww That Sweet of You Aiden"Ashley Said As She Picked Up Him And Kissed His Cheek. We All Stood In Front Of The tomb And I Said" Mel Was A Great Man I Really Looked Up To Him, I Remember When He Said You Can't Live Past 24 in New orleans,Thats A True Example Showing Your Words Are powerful.Anyways I Know He's looking Down Smiling At Me,Everything I Do Is For Him.R.I.P Mel." As I Teared Up We All Grouped Hug."R.I.P. Mel ."Ashley Said."R.I.P. Uncle Mel!"The Kids Yelled. We Then Walked Back To The Car. Once We Made It Back Home Ashley Dressed The Kids Up For Halloween. Since They All Loved Frozen They Decided To Match.Ashlen Was Dressed As Elsa ,Aiden Was Dressed As Olaf ,and Ansley Was Dressed As Anna."Omg You Guys Are Too Cute Aww!😍😍😍" Ashley Said As She Took Pictures Of The Kids."Aren't They Cute Baby?" She Said As She Handed The Kids Their Candy Baskets "Yea They are" I Said as I Took A Picture On my Phone."Well Lets Go Get Some Candy!" Ashley Said.She And Them then Left To Go trick Or Treating As I Stayed Home And Gave Out Candy And Autographs.A Few Hours Later Ashley And The Kids Came Back With Baskets Filled With Candy."Now Who's Sharing?" I Said."I'm Not Sharing With None Of Yal Ni**as "aiden Said. Ashley Then Popped His Mouth And Said"Don't Say That!" As I Laughed At What Happened Aiden Went On Hush Mode." The Girls Didn't Say Anything."Well Next Time I Get Something Don't Ask For Any Of It." Ashlen Then Said"No I'm Just Kidding Daddy You Can Have Some" I Then Looked Away And Said"Naahh I'm Fine,Just Remember That." As Ansley Stood There looking Like She Didn't Give A Fu** If I Didn't Give Her Anything She Wasn't Sharing Her Candy,Ashlen Continuously Bothered Me Saying"I'm Sorry Daddy I'll Give You My Twix And Kit Kats" i Then Said "alright Little Girl !" She Then Handed Me Some Candy.As I Ate The Candy Ashley Bathe The Kids And Got Them Ready For Bed.I Then Went Upstairs In My Room As Ashley Tucked The Kids In.Ashley Then Walked In The Room And Got Some Pajamas And Boy shorts.She Went In The Bathroom To Take A Shower. Once She Was Done I Took My Shower.We Both Then Laid In Bed And Watched Scary Movies. Her Scary A** Kept Covering Her Eyes And Jumping When Something Scary Happened As I Just Laughed At Her. That Night She Slept With the Lamp On And Laid Real Close To Me.The Next Morning We Woke Up Real Early And Drove To North Carolina To Ashley's Dad's Cemetery. As we Were there At The Cemetery I Asked Ashlen "Why Is It That You Got Onto Me Because I Didn't Tell You I Had A Brother ,But You Didn't Get On Your Mom Because She Didn't Tell You She Had A Dad?" Ashlen Then Looked At Me Like Ni**a Do You Hear What You Saying?" Common cents Tells You Mommy Had To Have A Daddy To Be Born,So That Means She Had To Have A Dad,You Don't Have To Have A Brother to Be Born...You Get It."She Said As Ashley Sticked Her Tongue Out at Me." Ugh ,But Its Sense Not Cents." I Said as I Gave Her The Stank Face. She Then Rolled Her Eyes At Me. We Then Stood Around The Tumb. Ashley Then Teared Up And Said" My Dad Was An Awesome,but Tough Loving Man. I Remember The Day When Starbucks Was Just Opening And We Were The First Customers And That Became Me And His Favorite spot Where We Chilled And Ate. The Day He Died By A Stroke He Told Me I Love You For The First Time.Lesson Of This Is always Tell The People You Love I Love You Because You Never Know What Would Happen To That Person And You Wish You Would Had Said I Love You To Them." I Then Hugged Ashley And Gave Her A Kiss. " I Love You Mommy." Aiden Said Hugging Her Leg. "I Wuv You Mommy" Ansley Said Hugging Her Other Leg." I Love You Mommy" Ashlen Said Hugging Ashley Around Her Waist."I Love You Too Babies" Ashley Said Giving Them All Kisses."love You Daddy" The Kids Said In Unison Giving Me A Hug." i Love you To Kids" I Said Kissing their Foreheads. We Then Let Go Of Our Balloons And Sat The Roses Next To The Tomb. We Then Drove To Ashley's Mom's house And Stayed There For A Night and Went Back Home The Next Day.