One.

Alison's pov:

I'm trying to write a new article for The New York Times, but I can't concentrate. So I decide to call my best friend, Emily, and ask her to go out. I pick up my phone and call her.

'Hey Em, are you busy?' I ask.

'Ali, I'm in a bar with some friends. Wanna come?' she asks me.

'Okay, send me the position.' I say and I end the call.

I go to my bedroom and change my clothes. I put a short black skirt, a red top and black heels. I fix my hair and wear a bit of make up. I take my bag, my car keys and I go out.

I drive to the bar of which Emily sent the position, I get out of the car and go inside the bar. I see Emily and I reach their table.

'Aliii, finally you're here.' she says hugging me.

'I know, you can't live without me.' I say and I hug her.

'Sooo, guys this is Alison.' she says introducing me to two guys.

'Hi, I'm Joe.' one of them says.

'And I'm Paul.' says the other one.

Paul catches my attention, he's a really handsome guy.

'Nice to meet you guys.' I say smiling.

'Joe is mine.' Emily whispers in my ear and I giggle.

I notice that Paul keeps staring at me and I look at him smiling a little.

'So, how long have you known each other?' Paul asks looking at me.

'Two years. When I moved here in New York I was completely lost, but fortunately I met her.' I answer.

'Aw, you're cute... Anyway, we just got along great and here we are.' Emily says smiling.

'That's great. Alison, what do you do? Do you work?' Paul asks.

He seems really interested in asking me questions.

'Yes, I begun with many jobs to afford a life here... And four months ago I started working for The New York Times.' I say.

'Wow, so you're good at writing?' this time Joe asks.

'Good? She's incredible!' Emily answers.

'Oh, shut up. You're exaggerating.' I say giggling.

We keep talking for a couple of hours, then the guys stand up.

'We have to go. Maybe we can go out together again another day.' Joe says.

'Yeah, absolutely.' Emily says smiling at him.

'It was a pleasure meeting you, Alison.' Paul says.

'Same. I had a great time.' I say smiling.

The guys leave and Emily and I are now alone at the table.

'So, you really like Joe. I can see that.' I say smirking.

'Oh God, is it so obvious?' she says smiling.

'Yes, yes yes! And he's interested in you too.' I say.

'Do you really think it?' she asks.

'Yes, I'm sure about it. There's something in his eyes when he looks at you.' I say.

'I hope so.' she says with a little smile. Then she looks at me. 'What about you? Paul?' she asks.

'Mh... He's really hot, I can't deny it.' I say.

'Only hot? Ali! You should really find someone, time has passed since your last relationship... You should give Paul a chance. He kept staring at you all the time.' she says.

'I notice it too. I don't know... Maybe I can try.' I say.

'I know that it has been hard with your last relationship, but don't loose hope. You'll find real love sooner or later.' she says.

'I know, we'll see how it goes.' I say.

'That's the spirit!' she says smiling.

After half an hour we say goodbye and I come back home.
I park the car and I see a kid near my garage.

'Hey, little girl. Did you get lost? Where's your mum?' I ask reaching her.

'I-I...' she tries to speak but we hear a voice.

'Edith!'

And I see whose voice is.
And I see her.
And I see the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life.

'Edith, here you are. How many times I have to tell you that you have to stay close to me, sweetheart?' she says picking her up.

I keep staring at her without saying a word.

'I'm sorry. She likes wandering around, everything catches her attention.' she says and she looks at me smiling.

Those eyes.
Those deep blue eyes, I could lost myself in her eyes.

'Don't worry, it's fine. No problem' I say smiling too.

'I'm Cate, by the way. My family and I just moved here... The house next yours is ours.' she says.

'Oh, new neighbors finally. I'm Alison.' I say.

We look in each other's eyes and she bites her lip. A man approaches and interrupts the moment.

'Darling, you're here. You found Edith.' he says.

She keeps looking at me for a moment, then she looks at him and smiles.

'Yeah, I found her. And I met our neighbor... Alison.' she says looking at me again.

I love how she says my name.

'I'm Andrew, Cate's husband. Nice to meet you.' he says.

Her husband.
Why do I feel like I'm jealous of him?

'Nice to meet you too.' I say with a little smile.

'I'm going back at the house, there's still a lot to do. Do you come?' he asks to Cate.

She nods.
'Take Edith, I'll join you in a minute.' she says and she looks at me.

'Okay. Alison, it was a pleasure. See you.' he says smiling at me.

I just give him a polite smile and he goes away with Edith.

'Mh, you're a bit shy... That's cute.' she says smiling.

'A bit, yeah... I prefer to open up with people when I know them more deeply.' I say looking straight into her eyes.

'Well, I hope that we get to know each other more deeply.' she says with a seductive voice.

Is she really flirting with me?
No, impossible. She's married!

'Why not?' I say smiling at her.

She smiles back.
'I wish we could talk longer, but I have to go back at home. I'm sure that they're completely lost without me.' she says laughing a little.

'We're neighbors, I'm sure that we'll have other opportunities to talk.' I say.

'Yes, absolutely. It was a real pleasure meeting you Alison.' she says smiling.

'For me too. So... See you?' I say smiling too.

'Yes, bye.. Alison.' she says with a deep voice, she smiles and goes away.

I watch her leaving.
She looks like an angel.
While going inside I can't stop thinking about her. I feel like I'm kinda attracted to her...
But, I've just met her...

Why do I feel like this?