Eleven.

Alison's pov:

As I walk away from Cate's house I see Paul outside my door.

'Hi Paul, what are you doing here?' I ask approaching him.

'Hey, I called you but you didn't answer so I was worried.' he says looking at me.

'I'm sorry about it... Let's go inside.' I say inviting him.

He nods and I open the front door letting him in. I look to Cate's house and I surprisingly notice that she's looking at us, I look away and go inside.
Why was she still looking at me?

'So, how are you?' Paul asks and we sit on the couch next to each other.

'Better... Sorry if I didn't answer, but it has been a rough week.' I say disappointed.

'Don't worry about it, I'm glad that you're okay now.' he says smiling.

'What about you?' I ask.

'I'm fine I guess. I'm happy to finally see you.' he says taking my hand and softly squeezing it.

Whenever someone touches me I can only think about Cate's touch and my feelings for her.

I smile to Paul and I hear my phone buzzing multiple times. I take a look at it and I see various texts from Cate.

'Answer if it's important.' Paul politely says.

'No, it's okay. Nothing... important...' I say trying to be indifferent about it.

'Tonight me, Emily and Joe are going out. Wanna join us?' he asks.

'Mh... yeah, sounds good.' I accept smiling.

I can't stop thinking about Cate's texts. I really wanna know what they're about...

'You're beautiful when you're lost in your thoughts.' Paul says looking at me.

'What? Nah...' I say giggling.

'Actually, you're always beautiful.' he says getting closer to me.

I blush a little bit for the compliment and I look at him. His face is so close to mine. It reminds me my first kiss with Cate and I bite my lip at the thought. Suddenly I feel Paul's lips on mine and he sweetly kisses me. All I can think about is Cate's lips and I begin to kiss him deeper thinking about her. I realize what is going on and I pull away.

'Wow.' he says smiling and I smile a little bit.

What the fuck have I done? I'm so stupid.

Paul looks at his phone and stands up.

'I need to go, see you tonight?' he says caressing my hair.

i just nod at him, he gives me a quick kiss on my lips and he goes away closing the front door.

'What the fuck...' I whisper to myself.
Then I remember about Cate's texts and I look at my phone. So many texts...

'Who was your friend?'
'You're there?'
'You're having fun, right?'
'Me, him... how many affairs do you have?'
'You don't even answer!'
'You're already cheating on me, incredible.'
'I was stupid to believe that you cared about us.'

Eh? Is she crazy? Why she thinks this?
I call her and after a few seconds she answers.

'Oh, the party is over?' she says angrily.

'Cate we weren't doing a-anything.' I say.

'Yeah, sure. Of course. Why don't you tell me the fucking truth?' she says.