Thirty.

The next day.

Alison's pov:

'Good morning, beautiful.' Cate says as I slowly open my eyes.

'Good morning, babe.' I say and attach my lips to hers, kissing her passionately.

'Mhh... This is a really good morning.' she whispers between the kiss.

'Well, I'm free from work today. So...' I say smirking.

'Oh...' she says clearing my throat. 'But I have to.... go out... with a friend.'

'What friend?' I ask feeling a bit jealous.

'Uhm... with... the mother of a Roman's friend.' she says.

'Ok.' I says a bit cold and disappointed.

'Babe, is it okay with you? I can tell her that...' she tries to say but I put my finger on her lips.

'It's fine, I just wanted to spend the day with you but we have all the time. So, don't worry about it.' I says smiling.

'Thanks.' she says kissing her nose and she giggles. 'Ok, I have to get up and take the kids to school.' she says slowly standing up from the bed.

'I'll take them.' I say.

'You're sure?' she asks looking at me.

I nod. 'Yep, then I'll just come back home and I'll get ahead of my work.' I say.

'Fine. Thanks, babe.' she says blowing me a kiss.

'I want a real kiss.' I say sitting on the bed and she rolls her eyes.

'You're incredible.' she says getting closer to me and she kisses me.

'And you're irresistible.' I say softly biting her lip.

'Get up, it's late.' she says shaking her head and smiling.

Some time after.

'Ok I must go now, babe.' Cate says taking my bag and the car's key.

'I'll miss you.' I say making a puppy face.

'Don't make that face to me, please. I'll be back soon.' she says getting closer to me and she caresses my cheek.

'Fine. I love you so much.' I say looking at her.

'I love you too.' she says smiling and she gives me a kiss before leaving the house.

During these days she is acting weird, she seems a bit nervous and I feel like she's not telling me something. Maybe I'm just overreacting. But... what if there's really something wrong?
I shake my head and try to stop overthinking about it.

Cate's pov:

I reach the jewelry store and I see that Emily's already waiting for me.

'Hey.' she says smiling as I approach her.

'Hi, sorry if I'm late but Alison was too suspicious.' I say a bit disappointed.

'Don't worry, I have just waited for a couple of minutes.' she says.

'Oh good, let's go inside.' I say and she nods.

We enter in the shop and we start looking around to find the right ring. All the rings in this store are so beautiful, it'll be hard to choose one.

'Do you need a hand?' a pretty young shop assistant asks smiling as she approaches us.

'Maybe yes, it's so hard to choose among all these rings.' I say a little bit disperate.