Twenty.

Alison's pov:

After taking a shower, changing my clothes and working a little bit I take some stuff to take away with me. I look at my cat.

'Mh... I can't leave you here.' I say caressing him.

I take my phone and text Cate.

'Can I take Sam too?🐱'

'Of course you can. Come here soon, I already miss you.'

'You can't live without me.'

'No, I can't. Stop texting and hurry up. I have a surprise for you.'

I bite my lip reading the text, a surprise? I want to know what it is.

'Give me some minutes and I'll be there.💖'

After sending the text, Emily calls me.

'Hey Em.' I answer.

'Ali, are you at home?' she says.

'Yes, why?' I say.

'I'll be there in five minutes.' she says and she ends the call.

Some minutes pass and the bell rings, it's Emily. I open the door and I let her in.

'Em, something happened?' I ask looking at her.

'Yes, don't you remember? I'm going to Paris with Joe, I have the plane in a few hours.' she says excited.

'Oh my God, is it today?' I say excited and smiling.

'Yes, yes, yes! I came to say goodbye.' she says and then she looks at me smirking.

'What?' I say looking at her confused.

'Do you have something to tell me? You seem too excited.' she says.

'Yes, excited in many ways.' I say biting my lip and smiling.

'So you're back together?' she asks.

'Mh yes, I think. She wants to divorce with Andrew and we talked with the kids... They're okay with it, they're happy for us.' I say smiling.

'Seriously? That's amazing. And what about Andrew?' she asks.

'Of course he's not happy about it, he said that he wants to take away the kids from Cate... I don't know what he wants to do, but we must be careful about it.' I say.

'Asshole. He can't take them away... It will be fine, don't worry about it.' she says reassuring me.

'I really hope so, I don't want her to suffer... neither the kids.' I say sighing.

'It's a delicate situation, but you will resolve everything.' she says smiling.

'I'm going to miss you so much, Em.' I say hugging her.

'I won't be long, just a couple of weeks. I'll miss you too.' she says hugging me back.

'Have fun... And enjoy your time with Joe.' I say smiling.

'I will.' she says giggling. 'I must go or I'll be late. Take care of yourself and enjoy you too your time with Cate. Keep me updated!'

'Of course I will. Bye Em.' I say smiling and opening the door.

'Bye conqueror of married woman.' she says making me laugh and she kisses my cheek.

I take my bag, I put Sam in his cage and after taking it I get out of my house. I reach Cate's house and ring the bell. The door opens.