Fourteen.

Cate's pov:

'What the fuck...'

Alison and I see Andrew. He's standing at the kitchen's entry looking at us completely shocked.

'Andrew, I can explain.' I say trying to get closer to him but he takes a few steps back.

'What the hell is happening here? How... I can't believe it.' he says taking his head in his hands.

'It isn't what it seems.' Alison says panicked.

'Shut the fuck up.' Andrew angry yells at her.

'Alison, it's better if you leave.' I calmly says to her and she looks at me with teary eyes.

She runs away leaving the house.
Andrew goes in the living room. and I follow him.

'You were supposed to come back tomorrow...' I say.

'So you two could easily fuck.' he says raising his voice.

'It's not like this.' I say and tears start rolling down my cheeks.

'You two were kissing and you had your fucking hand in her pants. There isn't another explanation.' he says and he angrily looks at me.

'It didn't mean anything, it was an accident.' I say lying to him.

'Yeah, of course. How could I believe you?' he yells.

'Believe me, please.' I say getting closer to him but he pushes me away.

'How long has it been going on?' he asks.

I look away without answering, I can feel his eyes on me waiting for an answer.

'How long?' he screams.

'A-a few days after we moved here.' I say without looking at me.

'I can't believe it, I also invited her to have lunch together. You went out with her... I bet you two had fun yesterday night.' he says nervously laughing. 'I'm a fucking idiot.'

'Don't say this. I... I don't know what to say. But please, believe me when I say that it didn't mean anything. I-I... I don't know what happened to me.' I say lying again.

Our marriage can't end, I can't ruin the life of my kids...

'I was so stupid. I came back sooner because I wanted to fix our relationship and I saw this. Incredible.' he says and he sits on the couch nervously running his fingers in his hair.

'I'm sorry, I really am. I... It won't happen again. It wasn't nothing for me. I love you, Andrew... and I love our kids. I don't want to ruin everything, to ruin our family. Believe me, please. I want to be with you and our kids. Alison doesn't mean anything.' I say trying to convince him.

He looks at me, his eyes are red and full of tears.... I feel so guilty.
I burst into tears but he doesn't move or say anything.

'Please.... Say something.' I say between the sobs.

'Do you really love me and our family?' he says.

'Y-yeah... of course.' I say looking at him and wiping my tears.

'I need time. I can't pretend that nothing happened... But I care about our family.' he says without looking at me.

'I understand.' I say.

'There's a thing you must do.' he says.

'What?' I ask.

'Right now you go to her and you tell her that you don't love her, that you won't see her again, that nothing can happen again. You must end every kind of relationship you two have. Understand?' he says and he looks at him.

I look at him hesitating a little bit.
My heart is breaking into thousand of pieces, I can't do this to my Alison... I'm in love with her.
But I have to think about the kids and I have to fix this situation.

'O-okay... I'll do it.' I say looking away.

'If it's true that she doesn't mean anything, it will be easy. Right?' he says with a provocative tone.

'Right.' I say getting up.

'Don't stay there too long, it's your last chance.' he says.

I don't even look at him and I leave the house without saying anything.
As I go closer to Alison's house I start to feel worse and worse. I don't want to do this... but I have to.
I ring the bell and I sigh waiting for her to open the door.
After some seconds the door slowly opens and I see her. She looks like a mess, her eyes are so red and filled with tears.
She bursts into tears when she sees me and I get inside closing the door.

'Come here.' I say wrapping her tightly between my arms.

This situation makes me remember our first kiss... And now I have to end our relationship.

She hugs me harder and I caress her hair. How will I live without her?
Her sobbings become louder and tears roll down my face.

'Stop crying... please.' I softly say to her.

'Why... you're h-here?' she says between the sobs.

'You can imagine it.' I say and she pulls away looking at me.

'What happened?' she asks.

'Alison... I must end this, for real.' I say looking down.

'You... you choose him, of course.' she says.

'I choose my children.' I say. 'He wants... he wants to give me a possibility. But... Our relationship can't go on, this time for real.' I say.

She doesn't answer and I look at her. Our eyes meet, I can clearly see all her sorrow through her eyes.

'Don't... Don't do this, p-please.' she says and tears roll down her face.

I get closer to her and I wipe her tears. I rest my forehead on hers, she closes her eyes at our touch.

'I don't want this... You know it.' I whisper.

'So, stay with me.' she says opening her eyes and looking at me.

'I wish I could do it.' I say caressing her cheek.

'How... How will we go on living so close to each other but without being together?' she softly asks.

'I don't know... It will be like living in a nightmare.' I say.

'So, this is a goodbye?' she says.

Hearing these words hurts so bad. I can't believe this is really happening... She means so much to me.
I look straight in her eyes and my heart begins to beat faster. She makes me feel alive.

'I love you.' I sweetly say to her.

She looks at me surprised and some tears run from her eyes. She leans closer to me and she softly kisses me. This is the last time that we can be together... This is really happening.
She pulls away a little bit from my lips and she looks at me.

'I love you too. I will always love you.' she says.

I kiss her again.
We keep kissing and tears start rolling down our faces.
Our last kiss. We deepens the kiss knowing that this is the last time we can do it, enjoying every second of it.
How did this happen?
We pull away, I go closer to the door and before leaving I look at her.

'I will never forget you, I will always be yours.' I say. 'Goodbye, Alison.'

I open the door and I leave her house. I close the door, I sit on the ground leaning on her door.
I can hear her sobbings and I start crying too.

It hurts so much not to have her by my side, not to be around her, not to be with her.
I will always love her. She will always have a place in my heart. She will always be a happy memory. My mind will be always thinking of her.
She's my true love.
She belongs to me and I belong to her, always.
This will never change.